• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
triple_a_motorsport

Custom Exhaust System

triple_a_motorsport

A question for everyone out there, has anyone ever experimented with a complete twin exhaust system?

For our 205mi16x4 i was thinking about using 2 smaller exhaust rather than one big one as the prop shaft will be down the orignal exhaust tunnel so there's not really going to be much room. I was thinking of having a custom manifold going 8-4-2, joining cylinders 1+4 and 2+3

Whats eveyones views or experience on this? how will it effect the power of the engine? good or bad idea?

Cheers Alan

lee-bg

I dont see reason, why not ;)

Usual exhaust pipes if i am not mistaken is 63 mm, so if u put 2 x 33 mm you should be fine. 2 silencers at back and free pipes up to the front manifold.

Just your split point (where 1 pipe goes to 2) will become bottleneck and may need welding often :)))

Roland1345402284
I dont see reason, why not  ;)

Usual exhaust pipes if i am not mistaken is 63 mm, so if u put  2  x  33 mm you should be fine.  2 silencers at back and free pipes up to the front manifold.

Just your split point (where 1 pipe goes to 2) will become bottleneck and may need welding often :)))

The cross sectional area of a 63mm pipe is 31.1 square cms where as 2 x 33mm pipes are a total of 17.1 square cms.

To get the same cross sectional area with two pipes you need 44.5mm diameter pipes.

33mm is not much bigger than the width of my thumb! :blink:

Otherwise I can't see why 2 pipes shouldn't work just as well but 2 pipes actually takes up more room.

Sign in to follow this