• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Front Pipe Problem.....help!

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

I recently set about replacing the front pipe to manifold gasket, plus springs and bolts but have come across a couple of problems.

Firstly I got everything tightened up and noticed there was more of a gap between the 2 flanges on one side than there was on the other side. Plus its still leaking

Secondly the kit i bought from Peugeot contained 3 sets of different length bolts. Why is this and which are the correct ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out over this!

Guest pugmt

The 3 sets of different length bolts are to provide the correct tension on the flange gasket/ring due to the fact that there are 3 different thicknesses of exhaust manifold. The correct tension should be so the nuts can be fully done up but still allow movement in the front pipe and so that the springs are not coil bound. i would you suspect that you may have mixed up the different length bolts or used a bolt that is to short, which has allowed you to tighten one side up fully but not the other side.

hope this helps.

chris

ryan13961345402285

I used the same bolts on each side. Is the front pipe supposed to line up totally square to the manifold? Also, when tightening the nuts onto the bolts are they supposed to be tightened up as far as they can go?

Thanks

Feeble

We had a nightmare changing my exhaust! Had the back end up on ramps and I was under the car and my mate had his hands down the back of the engine!

Think it's still blowing now! :lol: One more thing I must look at...

Thanks for reminding!

Edited by Feeble

KRISKARRERA

The 1.9 manifold loves to split down the centre - hard to explain where without a picture.

JOHN89MI16

Just out of curiosity, How much did the fitting kit cost from peugeot because 1 bolt has broken on my down pipe and i need to replace it aswell?

ryan13961345402285

The kit cost me £14 but that was cos I know the chap whose dad owns the dealership! Think they're usually about £18-20

JOHN89MI16

Thanks for letting me know. I will get a trade discount, usually about 15% on the full price because i work in the motor trade but at leased i now know what it will cost. Cheers :)

Sign in to follow this