• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

New Exhaust System On My Car

Jer309GTi

It's made by Simons Sport, LINK to the catalogue page.

Its not too much louder than standard at idle, just a nice deep note. I haven't given it a road test yet, will do it tomorrow. Not expecting any extra power, but would be a bonus if it makes any difference. I think the tailpipe really suits the car, what does everyone else think?

image073vd6.th.jpg

JOHN89MI16

I think the exhaust looks great. Ive been after a nice exhaust for a while due to my rear silencer baffle rattling and nobody selling any exhausts for my car.

Have you got the full exhaust system fitted or is it just the back box?

Also how much did it cost and would it fit a phase 1 mi16?

Jer309GTi

Cheers :) Its the full system that fixes to the standard downpipe. As for cost, I got it off of eBay ages ago, second hand, so don't know new prices I'm afraid. Oh and it is for a Phase 1.

JOHN89MI16

Do you know of any websites that sell any after market exhausts that are fairly priced? Mine needs replacing soon for the mot and if im going to replace it, it might as well be a nice looking and great sounding one instead of a boring normal item.

TonyW

Looks nice, at least you can find people doing exhausts for the Phase I! The Phase II is proving to be a little harder, so mine may have to be a custom jobbie, unless anyone can suggest somewhere ... :D

Jer309GTi

The 405 is very hard to track down an exhaust for, certainly a lot harder than getting one for my old 309. I don't recall seeing anyone that still makes a performance exhaust for a 405, other than the site I posted above but I think the site is in Swedish (maybe?) and I can't find out UK stockists.

So looks like the only way is to get a custom one, or find a good second hand one from the many 405's being broken for their engines :(

Feeble

That looks good. Here's a picture of mine I fitted this weekend. Big thanks to Gavin for selling it me!

Think it's a custom system as it's a 4bie, but it's made by Scorpion and sounds 'effin lovely! ^_^

Jer309GTi

Nice, thats the same tailpipe as I had on my 309. Your car looks nice and tidy :)

Guest badboyracer3500
That looks good. Here's a picture of mine I fitted this weekend. Big thanks to Gavin for selling it me!

Think it's a custom system as it's a 4bie, but it's made by Scorpion and sounds 'effin lovely! ^_^

Glad all is well and sounds good.

Gavin. :)

Guest badboyracer3500
It's made by Simons Sport, LINK to the catalogue page.

Its not too much louder than standard at idle, just a nice deep note. I haven't given it a road test yet, will do it tomorrow. Not expecting any extra power, but would be a bonus if it makes any difference. I think the tailpipe really suits the car, what does everyone else think?[/img][/url]

looks good.

only trouble is now i don't know whether to leave my 4" can on or put my twin imola back on??? :P

Feeble

It's quite a tidy car, yeah... Shame the water pump has gone now! :lol:

Get one thing sorted and another seems to go wrong the next day! :lol:

Thanks again Gavin! ;)

JOHN89MI16

looks good.

only trouble is now i don't know whether to leave my 4" can on or put my twin imola back on??? :P

Its a shame i dont live closer to you because if you wanted to sell your twin imola i would be interested in buying. :)

Jer309GTi

I just thought, I have an aftermarket system in my garage I can put up for sale. Is supposedly stainless, but has light suface rust (?). I'll take some pics and put up a for sale ad tomorrow

TonyW
I just thought, I have an aftermarket system in my garage I can put up for sale. Is supposedly stainless, but has light suface rust (?). I'll take some pics and put up a for sale ad tomorrow

Phase I or II? and what kinda spec and size and end pipe does it have? (Yeah I know i could wait for the ad but i'm an impatient sod!)

Jer309GTi

Phase 1. I'll sort some pics out tonight :) Twin pipe backbox, slash cut if memory serves correctly

Jer309GTi

Well, I've just had a look and not entirely convinced it is a Phase 1 exhaust. I'll compare it to the one on my car on the weekend

Sign in to follow this