• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mandic

Radio Removal

Mandic

Hi,

How do I remove original radio?

Havent bothered much with manuals to be honest, I thought help on here would be quicker.

Cheers

Ziga

Mandic

Done it...

Thanks anyway,

Cheers

Ziga

Jer309GTi

How did you do it Ziga? Might be worth writing a few words incase some one needs to know in the future and they can do a search ;)

TonyW

Did mine the other day, you need to pop off the top panel above the cassette slot and then the holes for the removal pins are shown. Insert pins as usual to get the unit out.

To get to the wiring easily you can take the panel off from the passenger footwell, and then the heating pipe just slides out, thats how I ran my CD changer cable out and then tucked it up behind the glovebox before running it along the car under the trim.

Hope that helps a bit! :D

Jer309GTi
To get to the wiring easily you can take the panel off from the passenger footwell, and then the heating pipe just slides out, thats how I ran my CD changer cable out and then tucked it up behind the glovebox before running it along the car under the trim.

Thats a handy panel to get to the radio :) The 309s have a removable panel there (phase 2's anyway) but the 205 doesn't :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this