• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JOHN89MI16

Lowering Springs

JOHN89MI16

Does anyone know of anybody that stocks some front lowering springs for my phase 1 405 mi16 because im having trouble finding anyone that stock them?

Im looking for at least a 25mm drop.

If i had a 205 or 306 it would be easy but apparently i dont own a popular enough car for most people to stock any.

Any info would be great. Thanks

Guest badboyracer3500
Does anyone know of anybody that stocks some front lowering springs for my phase 1 405 mi16 because im having trouble finding anyone that stock them?

Im looking for at least a 25mm drop.

If i had a 205 or 306 it would be easy but apparently i dont own a popular enough car for most people to stock any.

Any info would be great. Thanks

Found mine on ebay, iirc it was a shop, they are -30mm.

Can't remember what make either.

Gavin.

pug309twin40s

www.needforspeed.co.uk

calvinhorse

kris has some :ph34r::P

Jer309GTi
kris has some  :ph34r:  :P

LOL :)

Spax sell them, the dealer listing for places that stock them is HERE!

KRISKARRERA

Yes I've got the Ventura lowering springs from Euro car parts. Supposed to be just 25mm lower but no way! More like 35mm or more!

ryan13961345402285

Just wondering, what does I notch on the rear torsion bar lower the car by? 25mm?

Thanks

welshpug

no, 3mm if you do it properly ;)

Feeble

Torsion bar? :huh:

KRISKARRERA

IF there's no corrosion, which there will be, torsion bars are dead easy to adjust. However when you lower the rear it's still the same tension as before. Unlike at the front where not only is it lower on lowring springs but they are made stiffer. For perfectionists this is unsatisfactory. Hence the need for thicker torsion bars.

My car was lowered and now I've put it back to standard. It doesn't look as good but on the bumpy roads round here it feels so much better.

TonyW

I'm with Kris on that, my first Mi was lowered and on city speedbumps took a bit of a battering. My current Mi is standard, which is far more practical round Birmingham!

Guest badboyracer3500
IF there's no corrosion, which there will be, torsion bars are dead easy to adjust. However when you lower the rear it's still the same tension as before. Unlike at the front where not only is it lower on lowring springs but they are made stiffer. For perfectionists this is unsatisfactory. Hence the need for thicker torsion bars.

My car was lowered and now I've put it back to standard. It doesn't look as good but on the bumpy roads round here it feels so much better.

I'm with Kris on that, my first Mi was lowered and on city speedbumps took a bit of a battering. My current Mi is standard, which is far more practical round Birmingham!

Thats a pi**off as i now don't know whether to fit my springs. :angry:

Whats the quickest way to change the springs? :unsure:

If its not a lot of time and effort then i could always try them and then alter it all back again if i don't like them. <_<

Jer309GTi

Was thinking of lowering mine, but I'm forever scraping the towbar and exhaust on road and speedbumps round where I live so don't think I'll bother. Just going to go for uprated but standard height (if anyone does such a kit)

Guest badboyracer3500
Was thinking of lowering mine, but I'm forever scraping the towbar and exhaust on road and speedbumps round where I live so don't think I'll bother. Just going to go for uprated but standard height (if anyone does such a kit)

My exhaust scraps the ground now :P and i still want lower :blink:

Not totally true as i just need to lower the front to even it up as rear is already low :)

Edited by badboyracer3500

KRISKARRERA

What was odd on my car was that the lowering springs I had on were supposed to lower the car by just 25mm, which would have been great, but they actually lowered the car by about 40mm I reckon. It looked good lowered but I just got a bit hacked off with having to stop at speed bumps and put the car in 1st gear and then go over the speed bumps at 1mph, and even then I'd hear the exhaust pipe graze the bump.

Guest badboyracer3500
What was odd on my car was that the lowering springs I had on were supposed to lower the car by just 25mm, which would have been great, but they actually lowered the car by about 40mm I reckon. It looked good lowered but I just got a bit hacked off with having to stop at speed bumps and put the car in 1st gear and then go over the speed bumps at 1mph, and even then I'd hear the exhaust pipe graze the bump.

My springs are -30 so i hope they are as just scrape the exhaust on my drive now so with springs it will have to live on the street :(

pug309twin40s

yea but your springs could be knackered and dropped lower, like when my the old ones on my goodwood did.

welshpug

I reckon 405's look spot on with 55's and standard height :P

Jer309GTi
I reckon 405's look spot on with 55's and standard height :P

Glad I'm not the only one mate! The Mi's were lowered 15mm rear and 10mm front compared to the 1.9i anyway... After seeing pics of lowered Mi's, something just doesn't look right to me.

Edited by Jer309GTi

Mr Teflon

I'm with you on that too - if I could get uprated spring rates at standard height I would have!

My car runs 50's (as they were cheap!) so the drop isn't as noticeable I suppose.

And - the car works like it needs to ;)

cammmy

If you drop the rear on a 4bie using the slacken-adjust torsion bar-tighten technique will the hydraulics stiffen?

Cheers

Cam

Guest serrento405

Any think more than 25mm on the mi,s up set the suspension geometry as sed they are lower than the 1.9,s to start with, has any body found a torsion bar that can be used to up grade the mi ones???

Sign in to follow this