• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Changed My Hinge Pins!

KRISKARRERA

I just renewed my "hinge shafts" on my drivers door.

I'd ordered just the one from the main stealer but somehow he ordered a whole packet of them which was handy as I finally managed to undo the lower bolt that had been stuck solid for weeks.

Look at the state of this:

p3280008jt1.th.jpg

Very worn and slightly bent!

I'm getting better at fiddling with cars these days. Did my front suspension, and rear, and now my hinges. :lol:

Jer309GTi

Nice one, how did you know you needed new pins? Because my doors are quite stiff to open. I've given them all a good oiling which helped a bit as they don't look like they'd seen any oil in years

KRISKARRERA
Nice one, how did you know you needed new pins? Because my doors are quite stiff to open. I've given them all a good oiling which helped a bit as they don't look like they'd seen any oil in years

The door was sagging and would catch the "latch" bit it locks onto. Plus the door could be lifted slightly so I knew something was up.

Jer309GTi

Ah I see. They are heavy old doors aren't they, so I'm surprised they last as long as they do

KRISKARRERA

Yeah, heavy compared to the 205/309, though I've noticed phase 2 405 doors seem heavier still.

Must weigh that aerial tomorrow. :lol:

Sign in to follow this