• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest m.i-man1345402284

Oil Catch Tank

Guest m.i-man

Anyone running an oil catch tank on their mi16?

If so, which pipes have you used? Am I correct in saying to use one from the filler cap, and cut the one from the rocker at the base where it connects to the block, and block this off, then connect the remaining part from the rocker cover to the catch tank? :unsure:

Feeble

What's the point in this mod? :)

Guest m.i-man

I have carbs, so have no connection on the intake system to reconnect the breather hose. So instead of recirculating oily air into the intake system, it will be caught in an oil catch tank, and then vented to atmo.

Some people do it on non carb'd or tb'd cars, as they don't like the idea of oily air being taken in through the intake system. A lot of turbo cars run them also.

calvinhorse
What's the point in this mod? :)

also stops moisture going back into engine, and lowers emitions (a little bit, i think?)

Guest m.i-man

I've heard that they stop the mayo'ing of the oil (as they take the water out as you say), but have no idea about the emissions. Could prove handy if they do. :D

Sign in to follow this