• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest scottcmb

T16 Power Steering Pump

Guest scottcmb

OK, who out there can tell me where the powersteering pump is located on a T16..i have seen 1 pic taken from a distance of a T16 engine bay and it seems to be located above the alternator on the drivers side of the engine. if this is correct then it was probably done this way to accomodate the turbo??....and also were T16's fitted with aircon?

Guest scottcmb
that's correct and all T16's had an aircon:

http://digicam.cybernck.com/cybernckT16engine.jpg

just like on the GTI-6 engine:

http://upload.cybernck.com/306/gti6motor01.jpg

why did you ask?

thanks.

im going to turbo charge my Mi16x4 and want to get my full plan ready before i start on this project. Does the steering pump run as a seperate belt directly off the alternator? if it does im going to have to change the pulley wheel on the alternator then!. BTW before anybody tells me...i have already got an engineering company who is going to make me new gearbox to transfer box shafts with stronger splines and i have shown them some pictures of the saterlite gears with pins and they said it should be no problem putting stronger pins in aswell......this company works on heavy tractor equipment e.g rebuilding power torque converters,power transfer boxs and torshen rod suspensions!...they are a company that my boss uses to redesign the splines on the suspensions of our heavy logging trucks. in stock standard form the spines on the torshen rods wear out very rapidly on our trucks and wear exactly the same way as they do on our Mi's.

When my boss got me a brand new Kenworth to drive the torshen rods only lasted 100,000 k's (the slines were completely rounded away).....we got the new rods made and installed and to this date i have done a further 250,000 k's on these new rods and there is not a sign of wear at all!

lee-bg

I am also interested into this, since i want to move the power steering pump out of the Exhaust camshaft pulley and put it near the Alternator (as it is on 205 GTI 1,9 which i have with all parts).

Thanks for any answers. Thought its better to reply here and not open new topic.

Ryan

I found these in my images folder if they're any help...

lee-bg

Thanks a lot. could be useful.

p.s. Seems i can drill holes and attach the steering pump near the alternator on my MI16 :))) just some work to find proper alt. belt then.

but its an idea.

petert1345402284

It's just a standard XU10J4 steer & A/C bracket, used on Mi16, S16 etc. and probably a heap of Citroens from the same era.

Guest Robley

it all depends on the a/c. if you have a/c the p/s pump it at the top if not they put it where the a/c was

petert1345402284

Could be too. I've never seen a Peugeot that wasn't air conditioned.

Guest Robley

it is a bit warmer over your way :D

Sign in to follow this