• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
calvinhorse

Overheating

calvinhorse

my mi16 stays at a steady 80-90c when on a run but if left ticking over goes up to above 100c without the fan kicking in? its not the headgasket?

on my 405 dt there was a solanoid thing (little green box) behind the grill which the wires had degraded (a common problem) and that was the easy fix

is the mi16 the same or is there anything else it may be?

cheers dudes!

Jer309GTi

1.9 or 2.0? It's not the same problem as HERE is it?

calvinhorse

no it drives at the correct temp but when left ticking over it gets hot but the fan does'nt kick in?

KRISKARRERA

You need to find out why these fans aren't working! Just to state the obvious :lol: .

Have you checked the sensor for the fans in the nearside of the radiator and it's wiring?

PJPHughes
You need to find out why these fans aren't working! Just to state the obvious :lol: .

Have you checked the sensor for the fans in the nearside of the radiator and it's wiring?

US Mi16s (1.9) have three relays that run the cooling fan, all just behind the grill. Not sure if Euro cars are the same but I would assume they are. My car had the same issue...and it was the first thing I did in my '89 Mi16 and that corrected the problem.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Paul

triple_a_motorsport

Try and put a live feed straight to the fan to see if its working, if not then i would check the relays which i believe are the same as the diesels, and finally check the heat sensor for the fan control which as kriss says, it could be that.

if you short the sensor you should see if the fan/s turn on or not.

Hope that helps Ali

Sign in to follow this