• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest scottcmb

Interior Switch Problems

Guest scottcmb

has anyone had the occasional problem of an electric window switch playing up on them or stop all together going up or down?....and also the intermitant wiper stopping halfway through its cycle or wipe once and then not wipe again?.......i had this prob with my Mi16 when i first got it........and thought i would check it out before buying new switches or a new wiper relay.....i pulled the window switch apart carefully and found the contacts very carboned up....so i gave them a clean up and put it back together and now works as new!!!....and the same was done with the wiper relay....gently pull apart found carboned up contacts, cleaned them up and presto....properly working wipers!!!.......i gave this a go due to the fact that PUG parts are so friggin expensive for simple items!!!!.....its not a hard job at all!! so give it a try before you consider forking out hard earned cash

Edited by scottcmb

Guest badboyracer3500

has anyone had the occasional problem of an electric window switch playing up on them or stop all together going up or down?....and also the intermitant wiper stopping halfway through its cycle or wipe once and then not wipe again?.......i had this prob with my Mi16 when i first got it........and thought i would check it out before buying new switches or a new wiper relay.....i pulled the window switch apart carefully and found the contacts very carboned up....so i gave them a clean up and put it back together and now works as new!!!....and the same was done with the wiper relay....gently pull apart found carboned up contacts, cleaned them up and presto....properly working wipers!!!.......i gave this a go due to the fact that PUG parts are so friggin expensive for simple items!!!!.....its not a hard job at all!! so give it a try before you consider forking out hard earned cash

sounds good to me, saves time at scrapyards finding spare switches. lol :)

PJPHughes

sounds good to me, saves time at scrapyards finding spare switches. lol :)

I've had the same problem with my window switches. They are incredibly easy to clean and fix, and the tiny bulbs in them can be replaced for pennies at any electronics store (like Radio Shack here in the US...). I have had to replace a couple only because I couldn't get them to work 100% of the time. I can get new switches for about $12 here from a French car parts source in Northern California (who gets them from Peugeot . Not a bad price for me over here!

Cheers,

Paul

KRISKARRERA

Are all 405 leccy window switches supposed to be illuminated? My passenger door one is but the drivers isn't.

Jer309GTi

I think so Kris. Both my front switches are

Guest badboyracer3500

Are all 405 leccy window switches supposed to be illuminated? My passenger door one is but the drivers isn't.

yes all window switches should be illuminated.

Gavin. :)

Sign in to follow this