• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Couple Of Things To Check On My Engine

Jer309GTi

I've virtually finished my Mi now, but just wanted to check the location of a few bits and pieces:

image027oa3.th.jpg

What does this allen bolt hold on? Is it a clip that locates the throttle cable?

image028ow7.th.jpg

Are the 2 coolant hoses in the right place on the TB? And the little box with the green wire (noise suppresor i think?) connects to the green wire in the same loom as the the coil connector?

image029nk6.th.jpg

The green temp sensor on the top of the thermostat housing doesn't seem to to have a wire going to it. Is theis normal? It was so long ago that I took the engine out that I can't remember if there was a wire on it or not.

Cheers

cybernck

it should have a wire, as it's either a water temp gauge sensor or water temp warning light switch :).

AlexN

The first one is easy, there should be a little cross brace the bolts between the inlet manifold and the alternator, that uses top one of the two holes in the manifold, the other one is redundant.

The hosing looks correct on the tb, and yes the little box looks like its connected up properly.

The last picture show the connector on the top of the thermostat right? There are three conncetors on the thermostat housing, one on the top, one on the side and one on the bottom. The bottom one is not connceted on my engine (dunno if this is right or not but the enigne runs fine!), so the top and side connectors should have something plugged into them.

Jer309GTi

Thanks for replies :)

Alex, mine has a connector that fits on the bottom of the housing that I know goes there because I labelled it when I took the old engine out. But I only have one connector left in the the loom that either fits the sensor on the side or the sensor on the top. As the sensor on the side is red and so is the plug I thought that this was the right way to connect it. I'm confused!

pug309twin40s

the sensor on the bottom of the thermostat housing is for aircon models.

you should only have the top sensor and the side sensor connected up. i cant remember which ones does what though.

Jer309GTi

I've got aircon on my 405. I'm going to have to start taknig bits back off to find this other wire I think :(

Toffer

The top connector on my thermostat housing is also wireless, so to say. My engine runs fine as well :)

Jer309GTi

Ah thats a good bit of news. Maybe I'm not going mad after all..... :D

Miles

The sensor's there are for Water temp and Water temp high, Can never remember which is which,

I never fit the brace's on teh manifold, just more rubbish to take off, along with the water pipes for the T/B, it never get's that cold here so just bypass it to the top of the stat housing

And as Paul has said if your car has A/C it won;t use a stat in the rad as the fan's are controled by the brown plug and I think the water temp is taken from it as well, as with all later Pug's

KRISKARRERA

I prefer the rad fan activation on the a/c models like mine, seems to bring in the fans earlier.

Sign in to follow this