• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DejaVu

Mi16 Suspension Upgrade

Guest DejaVu

Hey guys,

im looking to upgrade my suspension on my Mi16, and im trying to get a feel for the best possible setup. something streetable, which wont be embarassing on a track

at the moment, im thinking Koni Yellows, and Eibach springs, and a strut brace. afew weeks ago, i think PeterT suggested 23mm torsion bars. ill also replace the bushes, and drop links. i cant find anywhere that does Mi16 polyurethane bushes, so im thinking ill just run with the stockies, and im probably looking at 35mm lower springs, but not 100% on going lower.

anything else i need to be doing? any upgrades or anything i should be doing whilst im at it? are there better shocks or springs i should be using?

Cheers!

Paul.

Edited by DejaVu

Jer309GTi

I haven't had any experience of suspension upgrades on 405's but what you've suggested sounds good. My mate's got Spax adjustables on his 205 GTi and he says these are very good too

I'll be going for a similar setup (if not the same) when funds allow. I've been looking for poly bushes for 405 too, I'll put a post up if I find any suppliers.

Anyone got uprated suspension for their Mi and got any comments?

Guest DejaVu

thanks for the reply.

im also wondering about camber adjustments, and the like as well. should any of that be changed?

what are the standard toe/camber settings?

vicki mi16 babe

I have spax psx adjustables and bilstein springs on the front of my 4bie.Total cost was about £300 but were talking 5 years ago here.I can honestly say they were a good choice and never had any problems in the 5 years they been on the car and would definatly recommend them.

lemans120

maybe if we could get enough interest we could look at a group buy for the polyurethane bushes as i would be interested in a couple of sets for the road and track car

AlexN

i'd be interested in some for road use, count me in if your order some

cybernck

for 205's, common sense is that polybushes for wishbones fail quickly

and that standard ones are better to use, while ARB bushes are poly

to start with.

Jer309GTi
for 205's, common sense is that polybushes for wishbones fail quickly

and that standard ones are better to use, while ARB bushes are poly

to start with.

Yeah I changed the ARB bushes on my XS a while back and remember them being poly. Would be nice to get some uprated rear beam mounts made up for the 405 like are available for the 205

lemans120

i have never driven a car with poly bushes but have been under the impression they stiffen up the front a fair bit so surely would be a good upgrade for track use ,how quick do you think they wear then surely they would be good for a few years

Guest DejaVu
I have spax psx adjustables and bilstein springs on the front of my 4bie.Total cost was about £300 but were talking 5 years ago here.

hmmm theres a Spax PSX kit here and its £359.99 so roughly $900AUS... but i got a quote of $1600AUS here! :angry: and from that site, i need to get it delivered to the UK... i think i need to live in the UK haha

vicki mi16 babe
I have spax psx adjustables and bilstein springs on the front of my 4bie.Total cost was about £300 but were talking 5 years ago here.

hmmm theres a Spax PSX kit here and its £359.99 so roughly $900AUS... but i got a quote of $1600AUS here! :angry: and from that site, i need to get it delivered to the UK... i think i need to live in the UK haha

lol...inflation over the years i guess

Guest pugmi16vt

Sorry to bump the thread but was wondering if anyone has found a place to purchase the poly bushings?? and if you already went in on purchasing a bunch of them... Let me know either way as I am also at the point I would like to pick up a set.

Thanks!!

Guest DejaVu
Sorry to bump the thread but was wondering if anyone has found a place to purchase the poly bushings?? and if you already went in on purchasing a bunch of them... Let me know either way as I am also at the point I would like to pick up a set.

Thanks!!

ive found a guy in QLD that would be able to whip me up a set of poly bushes, providing that i give him accurate drawings, or new bushes to copy off. im not sure how he would go doing a big lot done tho... not even sure how much it would cost either.

lemans120

has anyone heard of maxigas shockabsorbers as i have just purchased some very cheap and wondered if they are any good

Rippthrough
has anyone heard of maxigas shockabsorbers as i have just purchased some very cheap and wondered if they are any good

Yeah, my cousin had a set on his corsa....

Felt like a standard damper but valved harder tbh.

Poly bushes you can machine - so grab an oversized set and take them to a machine shop with a lathe and dimensions.

Anyone thought about Gaz dampers?

My sons got a set on his 306 and they are spot on for the roads around us - the compression is set slightly low, so they're great down potholed roads, no skipping at all, unlike his mates 106 which is on the spax stuff, and jumps a little over the potholes. If the roads around you are not as bad as sheffields then spec another 10% on the compression and they'd be probably be spot on.

The 306 and the 405 are relatively similar in damper rates I think, so probably quite comparable for the sets?

Got them from a bloke/firm up the road, can ask him who it was he used, guy went out of his way to sort out settings etc.

He had some problems with one of the shocks, I think he said it was something to do with the piston, but it was turned around within a week with no quibbles.

Even had a look at the coilover conversion kit for our gt6, which isn't going to need a set for at least a year or 2!

Guest DejaVu

hmmm so what are sheffields roads like? id check, but that would be quite a long flight :P

Rippthrough
hmmm so what are sheffields roads like? id check, but that would be quite a long flight :P

Imagine 4 million potholes with some tarmac occasionally joining a few.

Sign in to follow this