• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest scottcmb

Mi16 Series 1 Distributor System

Guest scottcmb

Ok who out there can answer the question of, is there any gain in removing the standard distributor and replace it with something that is better?My reason for this is that im putting together a full plan to rebuild and mod my series 1 to the extreme of TB's, Haltech ECU, Cams,raised compression, Flowing and balancing and install a knock sensor and also can someone explain as to where abouts the knock sensor goes and what is needed to be done to install one....cheers :D

petert1345402284

absolutely! They go heaps better with wasted spark. My favourite setup, other than CDI, is to use four GM LS1 coils which have built in ignitors. Hook them up in pairs and fire direct from two ignition outputs. I can help you out with the software.

Guest scottcmb
absolutely! They go heaps better with wasted spark. My favourite setup, other than CDI, is to use four GM LS1 coils which have built in ignitors. Hook them up in pairs and fire direct from two ignition outputs. I can help you out with the software.

awesome Pete, will need to pick your brains at a later date for this job!!...also was going to ask if you could do one of your spec cams if i sent one over to you?

petert1345402284

No problems. Mail an inlet over.

Sign in to follow this