• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kimcutts

Rear Brake Caliper

Guest kimcutts

Hi everyone,i have a 405 lemans and i have a problem with the rear off side brake caliper.The brakes themselves are working fine but the handbrake lever appears to be seized.Does anyone know if its possible to repair/unstick these or do i have to replace the whole caliper.I've looked in the trusty haynes manual and it seems quite a long winded(bit like this post!!)operation.Any help greatly appreciated. cheers kim

AlexN

I had the same problem on my 4bie. You can get kits to refurbish them, but the cost and the hassle you'll have sorting it out your better off getting a refurbished caliper from GSF, I only paid about £50 for one and you get a £20 rebate when you give them your old one back! Bargin.

Guest kimcutts
I had the same problem on my 4bie. You can get kits to refurbish them, but the cost and the hassle you'll have sorting it out your better off getting a refurbished caliper from GSF, I only paid about £50 for one and you get a £20 rebate when you give them your old one back! Bargin.

Its good to know you can pick them up so cheap,how easy are they to fit-the manual says you need to jack up the trailing arm then invert the caliper etc etc is this all necessary or is there a more straightforward way

Guest Robley

Got the same problem here to. Failed re test due to O/S rear caliper it works just not good enough

Toffer

The fluid pressure of the rear brakes is adjusted by a valve connected to the right hand trailing arm. With no load in the rear of the car, the valve lets little fluid through, so when bleeding the system the right hand trailing arm must be lifted for maximum fluid flow.

In addition, both calipers must be held upside down during bleeding. The genious design makes air stuck inside in normal position.

Please forgive me for my poor english. :mellow:

Sign in to follow this