• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gingerscotsman

Rear Door Stuck Closed

gingerscotsman

Hello

First time posting since we moved from the Yahoo group!

I have recently rescued a K reg MI16 (phase 2) from the scrapyard and am presently doing it up and bringing it back to life. :)

One problem I have is that the pasenger side rear door will not open. I have removed the door card and gained limited access to the mechanism but unfortunatly have not been able to get the door open.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

James

Guest m.i-man

The only way I managed to get my door open was by using a rather large screwdriver and levering the arm of the lock that the handle rod connects to (if that makes sense) and giving it a good old heav-ho... make sure you force it in the correct direction!

Lever the driver on the inside skin of the door, taking care to not touch the outer skin!!

Mine was properly stuck.... I tried numerous ways up untill that point of deciding that brut force was the only way forward.

gingerscotsman

I was fairly forceful with a set of pliers yesterday. I have sprayed everything I can see with WD40. I will give it another go tomorrow.

Fingers Crossed!

Guest m.i-man

I reached the point that I thought it would break. I even sprayed it with a product called 'super crack'... which is a similar product to wd40, but excells with it's capillary action!! Didn't budge it, yet it unseized my track rod end to the extent of being able to undo it by hand!! :lol:

Once I managed to get the door open... I shut it again, and it wouldn't open. :(

So forced it again, and touch wood it's been fine since. I now have a spare lock for it incase.

Anyway, good luck chap, let us know how you get on.

gingerscotsman

Well went back out to it the other night after having sprayed everything I could get at with WD40 and Hey Presto It now WORKS !! Just pulled the handle and the door opened as if it had worked all along.

Very chuffed that it works.

Just need to fix the other bits and bobs to get the car through its MOT now.

:)

Sign in to follow this