• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Mi16 Sideskirt Removal

KRISKARRERA

Has anyone any experience of removing the side skirts?

I will need to take mine off as I discovered part of my offside sill is crumbling to a load of fcuking rusty dust!

Guest badinfluencemi16
Has anyone any experience of removing the side skirts?

I will need to take mine off as I discovered part of my offside sill is crumbling to a load of fcuking rusty dust!

yea, its pretty easy to take it off, should be only screws and it should come right off. well thats how mine is held in place... :)

vicki mi16 babe

You'll end up breaking the clips by taking it off but can get them from pug dealers for a few quid for a bag of 10.They never seem to go back on perfectly though,one of mine is loose.Theres also some sort of adhesive holding them on...not sure what but if you dont reapply any adhesive and just use clips it wont sit properly around the wing.

KRISKARRERA

Thanks Vicki, I was waiting for a reply from you because you had it off a while back, courtesy of one of your daughters I think :rolleyes:

I've had a good poke of the sill and there's a stonking gert hole there. Could do with welding really. :angry:

KRISKARRERA

And another poke and here's the result!

pug309twin40s

oh dear kris!!

but that should be fixable pretty easy.

Jer309GTi
And another poke and here's the result!

:o That don't look good! Think I'd better check under my sideskirts later and check for rust

KRISKARRERA

I wouldn't if I were you! You might not like what you find. Those darn skirts hide alot. And help trap water and mud.

Here's the latest pic: th_04075_DSCF0839.JPG

As you can see someone has filled some rust in the past.

Jer309GTi

Can you still buy sills? I would imagine you could as its not that old really. We got some sills for the Triumph the other day and thats over 20 years older than a 405 so would have thought 405 ones were still available :D

KRISKARRERA

Yeah I expect so. Though I'm just gona have it patched up. The side skirt needs respraying now though!

Sign in to follow this