• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boards

Realistic Engine Conversions

Guest Boards

Hello. What are the realistic engine swap options into a 405mi16x4? Dont want to spend as much as it would cost to turbo the Mi. Need a little more power nowadays. Thank you.

petert1345402284

A stroked XU10J4 (2L Mi16 or S16) is your easiest option. Fit a crank from a 1.9L Mi16 so the engine is 86x88mm. The extra 2mm of stroke also removes 1mm of squish height, bringing the piston crown flush with the deck of the block. So you get 11:1 and 2045cc. You can retain the 1.9L head.

Rippthrough

Tried one of the warmer inlet cams, either from ^^ or from catcams? That with a complementary bump in CR should give more power through the rev. range, especially through the mid-range>top end.

Or even that combined with the stroked motor.

Guest Arblist

You could always fit an EW10J4 (fits the gearbox ok), 180bhp straight out of the box, and 200bhp is easy to get...... and thats without a turbo...

Guest Boards

Thanks for the replies. I must say I hadn't considered the EW10J4 - so are all engines that run a BE gearbox interchangable? How do the ratios on a BE4 differ to the BE3?

B1ack_Mi16
Thanks for the replies. I must say I hadn't considered the EW10J4 - so are all engines that run a BE gearbox interchangable? How do the ratios on a BE4 differ to the BE3?

Ain't the EW running under an 15 deg anglem, while the XU are 30 degree?

If you use the EW I think you need to use a BE3 box combined with a BE4 clutch housing to make things work.. Or maybe it was the other way around? :lol:

Baz

The GTi180 (taller/less angled) engine? Do you not get the ground clearance problems in the 405 like in the 205?

Sign in to follow this