• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ReGuLaR GuY

Low Brake Pedal?

Guest ReGuLaR GuY

Ok guys I need some help, I have an 89 405 but mine is an S not an MI16, I installed new calipers on the car and now the pedal is really low. The cars has had the brakes bled 3 times and it still doesnt feel up to par. Have any of you had this problem or is there anything Im missing? The car doesn't have ABS.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Guest Arblist

one thing i have found with 405 rear calipers, is that they are a bitch to bleed. The problem is that when the car is jacked up, the bleed nipple is not at the top of the caliper, so air can remain at the top. The solution is either to remove the caliper, turn it so the nipple is uppermost, or bleed the rear calipers with the car on the ground.

Guest ReGuLaR GuY
one thing i have found with 405 rear calipers, is that they are a bitch to bleed. The problem is that when the car is jacked up, the bleed nipple is not at the top of the caliper, so air can remain at the top. The solution is either to remove the caliper, turn it so the nipple is uppermost, or bleed the rear calipers with the car on the ground.

I will see if I can give that a try, any other things I should do at the same time?

Guest ReGuLaR GuY

Ok well I bled the system with a vaccum bleeder tonight and left the car on its wheels and it seems to be feeling good now, thanks for the help.

Matt

Sign in to follow this