• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SPetrie

Instrument Panel Problems

Guest SPetrie

My Rev counter, oil temp guage and most importantly my Fuel guage on my 2lt mi have stopped working :( . I'm thinking it might be a fuse, can anyone confirm this, or have any other ideas,

Thanks,

Stu

Edited by SPetrie

Guest franco

If all 3 have gone, it could very well be the fuse. Check fuse and replace. If problem persists, it may be that the solder on the contact wires has perished, requiring re-soldering.

Guest SPetrie

Does anyone know which fuse it is for these dials, i've got the later model MI with the fuses to the right of the steering wheel (for rhd),

Cheers, Stu

Kitch

Give it a tap :lol:

Guest SPetrie

I found the fuse, changed it and it's blown again, bugger!

Guest SPetrie

Anyone have ideas what may be causing the fuse to blow?

Thanks,

Stu

Guest danzmi16x4
Anyone have ideas what may be causing the fuse to blow?

Thanks,

Stu

perhaps blown buld could posible be the problem would pay to whip it out and have a look as the cluster is easy to remove in these

Guest SPetrie

Quick fix... stick a bigger fuse in. There is some logic to this, I'm thinking it may cause the faulty component to fail and show me what is causing the blown fuses. The only thing now is that my indicator stayed on constantly for a while this morning, I wonder if it's related?

Stu

Sign in to follow this