• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Stick With Mi Or Go Gti-6 Engine?

Jer309GTi

I bought my 405 with no engine (bet you can't guess where it is now :rolleyes: ).

Until I get an engine sorted, I've got my old 309GTi engine that I'm going to put in just so I can drive the thing.

I'm going to have a bit of money coming my way soon so was wondering whether to put in a GTi-6 engine or keep traditional and put a rebuilt Mi lump in.

From what I understand, the Mi lump is more tuneable, but the GTi-6 engine has higher power and torque to start with. Also the GTi-6 engine would require custom hoses, exhaust etc, pushing the cost up

Can I have your opinions on whether it would be worth me putting in a GTi-6 engine please?

I was going to ask this question on 205gtidrivers too, but you can imagine the kind of answers I would have received....

Thanks in advance :)

Baz

I too was afraid of asking the same question over on drivers! I'm after one or other for my 205 as since buying my Mix4 have found out that they're alot better than most think and it's a rare beast too, so have done myself and the purists a favour by not ripping it's heart out!! If i can find a GTi6 lump & bits cheap enough then that'd be my choice, the only worry being the extra weight from the iron block, although not such a worry in your case with the 405!

It'd be good to stay Mi as it should be but it's getting to the point where you have to use what you can get hold of at a decent price! ;)

KRISKARRERA

Ahh the 405 is such a touchy subject over on the 205 forum. Don't know why really, nobody has ever said it was an alternative to a 205, it's in a different class after all. Usual complaint is the extra weight. I'm sure they all believe the 405 is about 500kgs heavier. Take a 205 Mi16 and stick two 15 stone mates in the back and you have a car same weight as a 1.9 405 mi16 with just the driver.

I couldn't possibly recommend killing a 306 but if you can get an Xsara VTS engine cheap enough I'd put that in just to be different.

Jer309GTi

Think I'm probably just going to try and find a decent Mi engine, and maybe put in a different inlet cam for a bit more power.

GTi-6 engine would be a fair bit of work, and I don't really have the time at the moment.

How much do decent Mi engines go for, preferably one thats been recently rebuilt?

Rippthrough
Ahh the 405 is such a touchy subject over on the 205 forum. Don't know why really, nobody has ever said it was an alternative to a 205, it's in a different class after all. Usual complaint is the extra weight.

We'll just have to keep correcting them then, eh?

KRISKARRERA
Ahh the 405 is such a touchy subject over on the 205 forum. Don't know why really, nobody has ever said it was an alternative to a 205, it's in a different class after all. Usual complaint is the extra weight.

We'll just have to keep correcting them then, eh?

Yeah bloody buggers! :lol:

Sign in to follow this