• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest franco

Power Windows

Guest franco

Today, I wound down the driver's side window on my car, but when I went to put it up, it wouldn't wind up. I pulled the door card off to see if I could find anything wrong, but to no avail

Pressing the button, you can hear the solenoid clicking, but no sound from the power window electric motor. I am assuming the motor is stuffed, because I 'assume' that the power window fuse controls both front windows, and the passenger side still works, hence not a fuse problem. The button for the passenger side window (located on the driver's side) still operates, so I have discounted the black relay box located at the base of the door as the problem.

Any thoughts?

(and if the motor is stuffed, has anyone got one spare that works? In Australia, of course! )

Guest SPetrie

Not too sure but mine is doing the same but the other way round. The drivers window is OK but the passenger one is not working from either switch. It is a bit intermittant so i don't think it's the motor. I think (and i'm sure someone will correct me if not) that there is a relay in the passenger footwell, maybe this is the problem. Either way the window is up at the moment so i'm reluctant to test it in case it sticks open. Stu

Guest franco

root of my problem was the 'reel' system which retracts the cable when you put the window down. The internal gear on the winder stripped, jamming the winder 'reel' and hence not letting the motor rotate.

Got a complete regulator for AUD$100 earlier this week to replace the stuffed item.

Edited by franco

Guest Robley

the cable snaps too, but then the window will drop and dissapear int the door :(

Sign in to follow this