• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dee205

Air Con Not Working.

dee205

The air con hasn't worked in my car since I bought it.

Is there a unit that controls it that may be fcuked? Fuses ae ok so it's not that!

Damien

Guest Robley

mine don't work either but havent really bother checking :lol:, never that warm to use it here :lol:

dee205

Aye, I know. I'd never use it here either but it would be nice to have working.

:D

vicki mi16 babe

Perhaps it needs regassing???

You can get it done at your local pug dealers for about £100.

KRISKARRERA

I used to hate air conditioning... but because I'd never had it I never knew how useful and effective at cooling and demisting it could be.

You have to use it a few times a month even in winter to stop the seals drying out and cracking.

Another benefit of it is when you switch it on it starts up the radiator fans on their low speed which is good because when the engine gets hot the fans always kick in later than I'd like.

RobMGti

Yep, as above. With aircon if you dont use it, its very rare that it will work as efficently or at alll after a period of a couple of month.

Id go with the re-gassing option, if its anything more serious the technician doing the regassing will be able to tell you at the time :)

Guest piran21

probably has a leak. I'm not sure of the weak points of the 405's air con system. Mine doesn't work either. Auto climate control has never worked either....

Len405

A regass should only cost about £80 and they check for leaks and put in a dye that shows up any future leaks.

If its not that I just may have a spare pump! ;)

dee205

The light in te switch doesn't come on though when it's pressed making me think of on the electrical side..

Ryan

If there is no gas in the system then a pressure saftey switch disables the electric side of things as the pump would be damaged if you were to run it with no gas in.

RobMGti

My freinds old Cavelier fried the pump do to excess ware because the cut off switch had been damaged. As above get it down to a dealer, they will be able to tell u if the electrics are wrong, along with everything else.

dee205

Correction. The light does come on in the switch. Just checked it today.

For all the need I'd have for air con in the good old Irish climate I think I'll pass on getting it regassed.

Damien

Guest SPetrie

Damien, Mine is the same, probably only needs new seals and a re-gassing, but for all the hassle i'm not sure if it's worth it, Stu

Sign in to follow this