• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Aircon And Ecu

Ryan

Does anyone know what the ECU's role in the aircon wiring is?

I assume it switches it off at full throttle, and maybe at high revs too?

I also know the a/c switches off at high coolant temps. Is this done by the ECU, or by one of the black boxes plugged into the a/c loom?

KRISKARRERA

Not sure, but one thing I do know for sure is that mine doesn't switch off on full throttle.

RobMGti

I cant see the reason why it would switch it off at full throttle? I know it may sap a few bhp but no modern car i know of disengages it when the car is being hammered

Ryan

I'm pretty sure quite a lot of cars switch it off at full-throttle. They usually switch off at high revs too - not because of the power loss, but due to the fact that most a/c pumps are rated at max speeds of 4000-5000 rpm.

KRISKARRERA
I'm pretty sure quite a lot of cars switch it off at full-throttle. They usually switch off at high revs too - not because of the power loss, but due to the fact that most a/c pumps are rated at max speeds of 4000-5000 rpm.

Good point. Trouble is it's hard to tell at 6000 rpm what it's doing.

RobMGti

Well unless it was faulty it didnt turn off in my old ITR and im fairly sure it didnt turn off on my mates CTR.

Ill have a gander about on the Honda forums tho as when i was in the VTEC zone the last place i tended to be looking was at the Air Con button :D

KRISKARRERA

Same here. If I'm cruising along in a 30 mph area in 4th gear and switch the aircon on you can feel the pull as the a/c compressor clutch engages but at higher revs it's hard to tell. I'll check in the summer to see if the air remains freezing.

Did you have an integra before then Rob?

RobMGti

Yup for just over 5 months then it had to go. Ive done to bad for someone who is still at Uni. ITR, 2 205's, New Civic Derv. Sold them all though now :(. Im now a debt free student though which is pretty rare i think.

KRISKARRERA

I want to ask you lots more questions but I won't because I've noticed I'm going very off topic alot in this forum!!!

cybernck

well add him to your msn and chat all you want then :P.

Ryan

Anyone got a wiring diagram handy?

Would a pug dealer give me a copy, or are they top-secret, need-to-know, i-could-tell-you-but-I'd-have-to-kill-you...

Guest Arblist

Ok, as far as i am aware, on models with air con, the compressor is switched off at full throttle. This was certainly true on the 1.9 models, and im 90% sure it is the same on the 2.0 models as well.

KRISKARRERA

One way to find out for sure would be the rolling road.

Sign in to follow this