• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest piran21

Euro Mi16 Bumpers

Guest piran21

Well I have the north american version of the Mi16 with the ugly bumpers we are supposed to have over here. I imported a full set of euro Mi16 bumpers a couple of years back and have yet to fit it. Now, I'm sure there are re-bar differences but do you think I'll be able to fit the Euro bumpers without many problems? Has anyone else done this? Pics or a DIY would be tremendous!

Thanks,

Borntobewild

You need the re-bars from a mi16 as far as I know.

Some of the users from our club changed there 'normal' bumpers to mi/t16 bumpers.

But none of them had the usa bumpers, there's one user with a original usa 405 :)

Guest Robley

Got any pic don't know the diffence ??

Guest Robley

so thats a US spec Mi16, see why you want a Euro bumper

Borntobewild

Strange amerikans specs :D

But no pictures from a non mi16 to a mi16-look alike, sorry.

vicki mi16 babe

Make your own up like me and Dean did :P

post-23-134540315307_thumb.jpg

KRISKARRERA

Hehe I remember when you had that on your kitchen table! Is that supposed to be you on the numberplate? :D

Guest franco

are they proper brake cooling ducts in that bumber vicki?

Guest paradox

The U.S. bumpers/skirting just look like lower-spec 405 items, but with the an indicator/reflector added in.

vicki mi16 babe
Hehe I remember when you had that on your kitchen table! Is that supposed to be you on the numberplate? :D

Hehehe yea.....i had her apart when the engine was being rebuilt after the bottom end went at Brunty.It was on my table for weeks.lol.

Not spposed to me nah...just someone who looks like me...though i dont wear pvc...haha

Guest franco

thanks for the link.

Is that just for the duct itself, or does it include associated duct piping? What sort of grade duct pipe do you use, and do you mount the holding bracket off the base of the strut?

Should probably put this in the brake section huh :unsure:

vicki mi16 babe
thanks for the link.

Is that just for the duct itself, or does it include associated duct piping? What sort of grade duct pipe do you use, and do you mount the holding bracket off the base of the strut?

Should probably put this in the brake section huh :unsure:

I dont have any ducting....they are just for show.I did intend having a brake upgrade and going the whole hog but now i have a 2wd mi16 for track use so prob wont bother.I did look into brake ducting etc but few places supplied anything.

Demon tweeks do do some

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/Pro...M008&tlgrp=M008

RobMGti

Vicki i did something similar on my track 205. Cut the driving lamp surrounds and bumper part away and then just left them open. Personally i found it more benificial at cooling the sump than the breaks.

Rob

James504

Was going to say, looks just like an 405 SRi bumper.

vicki mi16 babe
Vicki i did something similar on my track 205. Cut the driving lamp surrounds and bumper part away and then just left them open. Personally i found it more benificial at cooling the sump than the breaks.

Rob

Theres a lot of mesh there which does serve a purpose to help cool the engine.

vicki mi16 babe
Was going to say, looks just like an 405 SRi bumper.

??? :blink:

Guest piran21

Yeah it's quite horrendous looking. THe only difference in looks between the Mi16 and the lower trims (DL and S) is that the front bumper has fogs, wheels, and the bootlid spoiler. I got a full kit used from Spoox. He sent the rebar too so it should fit without too many issues.

Guest piran21

Btw... Vicki your car was much of my inspiration. That front end shot was very nice.

vicki mi16 babe

Nice one B)

I take you have seen piccys of my car before?On PSOOC?

Its something a bit different and i think it looks mean.

Cant wait to get her nice and clean and get some piccys of her with her new dark grey alloys :D

KRISKARRERA

I've just found a picture on my harddrive of someone lying face down on a frosty bonnet with fag in mouth :lol:

Guest piran21
Nice one  B)

Cant wait to get her nice and clean and get some piccys of her with her new dark grey alloys  :D

Yeah I saw it there! I think it also comes up when you search Google Images. Looks very nice. What lip do people put on the bottom of the front bumper? Just a thin black lip spoiler. I'll try to get a pic. Some of you may know what i'm talking about.

vicki mi16 babe
Nice one  B)

Cant wait to get her nice and clean and get some piccys of her with her new dark grey alloys  :D

Yeah I saw it there! I think it also comes up when you search Google Images. Looks very nice. What lip do people put on the bottom of the front bumper? Just a thin black lip spoiler. I'll try to get a pic. Some of you may know what i'm talking about.

Most commonly used is a splitter from a renault laguna,which go pretty much straight on and dont cost too much.Cant say they tickle my fancy though.

Sign in to follow this