• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robley

Weird Blower Problem

Guest Robley

The hot air blower only blows luke warm air out of the side vents, ans cold out of the middle and windscreen vents <_<

any ideas???

vicki mi16 babe

Thats the same as Gerty hun....only gets lukewarm

So i'd be interested in finding the solution to this too.

Guest DesMi16

Usually this is either a faulty air temp sensor in dash or the ECU which controls the heater. Very common problem on 405's. First thing i'd do is take the air temp sensor out and clean it and make sure it's plugged in (seen a couple that weren't). Other options are faulty motor that controls heater opening.

Guest Arblist

it sounds like the hot air flap is getting stuck half way. when in this position, it was designed to deliver cool air to the face to prevent drowisness, and warm air to the feet.

I know the heater ecu's, and the little motors that move the flaps were notorious for going wrong. also try cleaning the inlet air temp sensor, its the one under the bonnet, in the heater air inlet. you have to remove the cover, and the pollen filter if you have one fitted.

cybernck

rather than starting a new topic, i'll join this one.

on my T16 (only came in phase2), i have a problem with the heater temperature slider.

i get cold air for nearly the whole length of the slider and then it turns to hot, therefore no gradual setting.

what sort of motor is buggered in my case?

thanks.

Jer309GTi

Also, could I ask what part is broken if the heater fan only works on the fastest speed and not on the others? Thanks

KRISKARRERA
Also, could I ask what part is broken if the heater fan only works on the fastest speed and not on the others? Thanks

That particular problem I had once. In my case it was the triangular metal part that sits beside the fan, can't remember the name. It's a resistor or something similar.

Guest Robley

it could be the fan control unit, which is built into the blower unit.

easyer just to get on for the scrapy. its under the glove box, held buy 3 screws

KRISKARRERA

Yeah that's what I meant. Only thing is bring the old one with you to check they match because Darren of Spoox sent me one from a 405 Mi16 and it was slightly different to mine - wouldn't fit.

Also some have one resistor thingy, some have 2. Which I think is for the 405s with aircon.

Jer309GTi

Cheers for the replies

Yeah that's what I meant. Only thing is bring the old one with you to check they match because Darren of Spoox sent me one from a 405 Mi16 and it was slightly different to mine - wouldn't fit.

Also some have one resistor thingy, some have 2. Which I think is for the 405s with aircon.

Mines got aircon so I think I'll have two resistors. I'll have a look in the good old Haynes :)

KRISKARRERA

That said I've got a fan with just the one thingy on it and it works ok. Touch wood.

danrogers

Hi peeps i thought id join in as my blower fan usually chooses not to work. I think it needs to be replaced and just wondering if anyones got a spare motor or where it would be a good idea to get one from? Dan

KRISKARRERA

Always a few on e-bay, though that's often a risky buy as e-bay is great for selling off crap that no longer works.

Guest SPetrie

Mine used to be a bit temperamental, i used to kick the footwell to get it working (not whilst moving!), not the best solution i admit. In the end i removed it, checked it, put it back and it worked... winner. It seemed to be the brown connecting plug. Stu

Guest m.i-man

I wont go into the problems I had with my heater. :ph34r:

Guest Robley
Hi peeps i thought id join in as my blower fan usually chooses not to work. I think it needs to be replaced and just wondering if anyones got a spare motor or where it would be a good idea to get one from? Dan

All 405 blowers are the same, so just have to dig one out from a breakers yard :D

Sign in to follow this