• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
holemi

Speedo Cable For Mi16x4?

holemi

hi , does anybody know if the mi16x4 speedo cable is still available?? ive tried the local pug dealer and all he could come up with relating to 4wd was a left hand drive 2.0 ..which i presume is a T4 :unsure: ....any ideas ???

pug309twin40s

best to try and find 1 of someone breaking a 4bie.

B1ack_Mi16

If it's a Phase1 car you have (I guess the Phase 2 have electronic speedos?).

It looks like there's either one short + one long, or 2 short and one longer cable.

Think you need to take a look at your specific car and see how your cable(s) are arranged.

This might help:

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/405Mi...speedocable.gif

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

Guest Arblist

you will find that nowadays your local pug parts depts are next to useless, because their parts system has been transfered over to a computerised system. You stand much more chance if you go to the parts counter armed with a part number. The link above gives the part numbers, so find out which bit you need and try again........

vicki mi16 babe

I had to get a part for my 4bie cable last week.They still supply the part that comes out the gearbox (curved and about 8inches long) ooer!! But from then on they have stopped manifacturing them.Luckily the part they still do was the past i needed :D

As everyone else says you'll have to tray and find someone breaking a 4bie.Try Dazza at spooks.

holemi
I had to get a part for my 4bie cable last week.They still supply the part that comes out the gearbox (curved and about 8inches long) ooer!! But from then on they have stopped manifacturing them.Luckily the part they still do was the past i needed  :D

As everyone else says you'll have to tray and find someone breaking a 4bie.Try Dazza at spooks.

is the part that they still supply the weak point in the cable ??? do you have a part number for it ???...cheers les

KRISKARRERA
(curved and about 8inches long) ooer!!

Trust you! :lol:

Excuse my surprising lack of Mi16x4 knowledge but why is the 4x4 speedo cable a different length?

vicki mi16 babe

This is the part...

cable.jpg

Part number is 6123A4

vicki mi16 babe
(curved and about 8inches long) ooer!!

Trust you! :lol:

Excuse my surprising lack of Mi16x4 knowledge but why is the 4x4 speedo cable a different length?

Something to do with the transfer box being in the way.

holemi

cheers vicki , will order one and see how it goes!!! :D

petert1345402284

The speedo cable goes into the transfer case and it's the driven gear that normally strips, not the outer casing as shown above. The gear is still available, but very expensive.

vicki mi16 babe

The problem i had was that the small piece on the end of the part shown above had snapped inside the box.Had to use pliers to get it out before replacing it with the new part.I was told that is the most common fault with the 4bie cables...hence the reason they still supply them i guess.

adriches

That is the piece i need!! Local dealer had none of the 3 parts but he searched other branches and they only had the other 2 bits!

So no-where apparantly has the piece i need! Which is opposite to what uve been told!

Baz

When i bought mine the guy had broken ot doing something or other, he was having a bad time trying to find another, and i haven't fixed it yet either!! Will have to see what part it is and hopefully this threadwill help! Ta!!

Rippthrough

Mentioned it on PSOOC before, but my local motor factors reckons one of the transit vans has the same fittings and a similar length.

Hang on found it:

"Found the entry in the sheets for it. made up and new one using the 2wd cable spliced to the 4wd connector.

But I also have a note which says the local motorfactor said that one from a transit diesel looked very similar"

Feeble

Anyone? :P

Jer309GTi

Copy this item number into the search bar on ebay:

If you look in the link Feeble posted the item number is in there, although the link won't work the item number will ;)

KRISKARRERA

Oh right ok thanks. That doesn't look like a speedo cable to me but I'm not 100% sure.

Roland1345402284
Oh right ok thanks. That doesn't look like a speedo cable to me but I'm not 100% sure.

No that isn't a speedo cable.

It's the wiring from the ABS unit to the rear left brake.

Hence it is referred to as a speed sensor as it senses the speed of the wheel!

Bidding has closed on that item now anyway!

Also, if speedo cables are not available for the 4x4 any more why not take whatever parts are left and get one made.

I suggest contacting any vintage car club who would probably know who makes speedo cables.

Guest pugmt

It may be worth trying Dean Hunter LTD, they specialize in obsolete peugeot parts, can be found here: http: www.peugeotparts.co.uk

Peugeot franchise have used him in the past when customers have come to us for obsolete parts.

Sign in to follow this