• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

Need A Wiring Diagram Please

pugdamo

Im starting my turbo conversion and im sorting out the loom,my problem is i cant get a wiring diagram anywhere,iv had a loads of peugeot electrical wiring diagram books from a dealership i used to work at and none of the diagrams are new enough for my engine,iv tried Autodata at the place i work at now but no diagrams on there at all,also spoke with the auto electrician that comes in and he's given me some,but these are the same as the ones ive already got.

The car is a peugeot 605 SRTI with RGX engine,its P reg,it would be a massive help if someone could point me somewhere that i can find one,or could send me diagrams.

Long babbling post over,

Cheers Damo

Miles

Sounds like the loom I had, no where could I find any info on it, So I went the sensible way and fitted a OMEX, Much better power too

welshpug

If its going in a 205 then the 406 diagram will suffice, same ecu iirc so the workings would be nigh on identical

pugdamo

Sounds like the loom I had, no where could I find any info on it, So I went the sensible way and fitted a OMEX, Much better power too

I want to do the conversion really neatly but without spending a fortune if thats even possible,i havnt really budgeted for different management.Its not looking good so far though

If its going in a 205 then the 406 diagram will suffice, same ecu iirc so the workings would be nigh on identical

Iv got a 406 wiring diagram aswell and the wiring numbers on the double relay is different,iv also tried to make do with the 605 books iv got but i always get stuck on the double relay.

Anthony

You should be able to work backwards with the double relay - it's been documented a few times what voltages you should see at what pins with the ignition on and off, so if you know that, it should be easy enough to work out using a multimeter what wires need what.

Using the ECU pin out from another car with the same ECU (eg 406) you should be able to work out the tacho and engine check light wires, the fuel pump wire you should be able to work out from the relay pin out, and the sensors, starter and alternator can all be buzzed through with a multimeter. Once you've got all that, you should have most if not everything you need to get it to run and dash gauges and lights to work.

pugdamo

With the diagrams iv got some of the wiring is the same so iv pretty much tagged all the wires for guages and lights,except the double relay,ill get back on the search button then,im starting to hate 605's,should have got a 406.

Thanks for all the advice so far

Henry Yorke

You've sent me off into a dark place in my garage to dust off an old crate I have acquired over the years of useless Peugeot related stuff!!

post-3457-0-34157400-1345411059_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-88675100-1345411042_thumb.jpg

Now I am not that techy and there are reams of paper, but are these of interest? 1304 seems to be the double relay and the wiring diagram goes back to the ECU with the wire numbers from it.

post-3457-0-25948500-1345411038_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-55123200-1345411048_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-30001300-1345411053_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-56614700-1345411056_thumb.jpg

pugdamo

Thankyou so much for looking but im afraid these are the same diagrams i have,these are for the XU10J2TE engine,if you have other books aswell do any of them have XU10J2CTE?

Thanks again

Henry Yorke

I missed your response and have packed them back into the part they came from :(

What is the CTE exactly and how does it differ from a normal TE? I am guessing that it is all in there somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them out again at some point.

Feel free to chase me (probably best by PM).

Henry Yorke

605 XU10J2TE Wiring Diagram Large.pdf

Pretty much a last ditch attempt this! These are the ones under the wiring diagrams for the XU10J2TE. I have been through all the manuals (and they are dated 1998 and 1999 as you can see) and there is no reference to an XU10J2CTE. I can only guess it is an automatic version of the standard engine.

Let me know if this is any good. There are many more wiring diags for dashboard, diagnostics etc.

Henry Yorke

I have just spent an hour digging these out and photographing them! Though those are from a 406 in that link. Maybe it went into the last 605s too....

• Like 1

Slo

I had a 605 svti for 8 years with the xu10j2te engine and i'd never heard of the cte version either but its right here on this french forum with pictures of the differences looks quite complicated and 5bhp more

http://peugeot605.fo...1999-t1654.html

I also have a thick handbook for the s*itroen xm version too with all the data n stuff

Edited by Slo

pugdamo

I had a 605 svti for 8 years with the xu10j2te engine and i'd never heard of the cte version either but its right here on this french forum with pictures of the differences looks quite complicated and 5bhp more

http://peugeot605.fo...1999-t1654.html

I also have a thick handbook for the s*itroen xm version too with all the data n stuff

Thankyou,i will print that out and check it against my loom,i have no idea what they are talking about (didn't do well in french at school) but there is a picture of my engine in the list so hopefully the diagram is ok

As for the citroen stuff that is all different,have already tried wiring diagrams and pinouts for XM.

Thanks again

I have just spent an hour digging these out and photographing them! Though those are from a 406 in that link. Maybe it went into the last 605s too....

Thankyou so much for looking,as far as i know the xu10j2te is the 140bhp and the xu10j2cte is the 150bhp version,the other thing i have found out is that i should have held on and bought a 406 sri instead because then i wouldnt have this problem :(

Thankyou all for your help and suggestions

Tesstuff

The link I put up is exactly what you need.

pugdamo

Thankyou all for you help and suggestions and a big thankyou to HenryYorke for the hours he has spent looking through his manuals :)

The link that Slo put up had the right diagram in it,finally got round to looking at it today so a day of progress.

Cheers Damo

• Like 2

Slo

Yay glad to be of help, was only a quick google too. Knowing that it helped you and is the correct wiring diagrams i shall nick the images and information for myself too as im planning to pop a xu10j2te in my cti that was in my lovely 605. I cant believe i crushed it for the engine and wiring.

pugdamo

Yay glad to be of help, was only a quick google too. Knowing that it helped you and is the correct wiring diagrams i shall nick the images and information for myself too as im planning to pop a xu10j2te in my cti that was in my lovely 605. I cant believe i crushed it for the engine and wiring.

I did lots of Google and forum searches but to be honest i dismissed anything that wasnt english,was probably staring me in the face at some point.

I did similar to you,i bought a 605 that was actually in really good nick,everything worked it had a months tax and 11 months MOT (to think of it its still MOT'd now and was crushed about 4months ago) i drove it straight to work,took it in the workshop about a week or 2 later and pulled it apart,its criminal really,would have made a nice daily drive

Thanks again

Slo

The phase 1 SVTi, which is the one that i had is a future classic. According to how many left; there are 2 left, it actually says 3 but mine was scrapped and is still sorn almost a year later as ive been too lazy to send off the logbook. Had i known this it would never have been scrapped lol was a bit gutted after i found out. Was quite expensive to repair though depending on parts needed. A full set of brake discs 8 years ago cost me £270 and dealer price was nearly double that!

Edited by Slo

welshpug

should have kept it in one piece and dropped a decent engine in it :P

Slo

Did you complete your wiring loom damian? I havent even go my engine in yet, having trouble finding the bloody clutch cover bolts because my dealer across the road from me is bloody useless. I rang another in desperation to find out the cost, a bag of 5 £8.66 with vat so will need 2. When the engine and box is mounted the first job i want to tackle is the wiring so if you have completed yours can you help me out with anything you can. Ive got the full loom out of my 605 and what a beast it is, about 3 inch thick above where the heater was lol.

pugdamo

I have finished the wiring and had it running,the only problem i had was i did the immobiliser trick by unplugging it while the 605 was running,when i got it all connected up in my 309 i had to fuel pump or power to the coil,i had to have a wire earthing pin 10 on the double relay,i think the ecu had locked itself again because it should have earthed this pin so i have sent the ecu away and am waiting to get it back then ill know whether iv wired it up properly.

I will go out and have a look in the garage later because i have got some new clutch bolts but im not sure how many.

Iv got loads of wiring diagrams and all sorts,as you know i had a nightmare with wiring diagrams,it was the link you put up that had the right diagram for me.

ill give you advice where ever i can.

Cheers Damo