• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TBC WEBER 45s

309 Runing Gear Back Beam And Up Front

TBC WEBER 45s

Ok all.What I was thinking is I have a 309 4 door f reg 1.9 gti 47000 mil and have the runing gear of it and put on my 205.Have had a look for info but no joy lots of end of jobs but no start to finish.If anyone can give me the time will be a great help thanks

• Like 1

calvinhorse

Unbolt 205 suspension and drive shafts bolt on 309 suspension and driveshafts

Job done its that simple ;)

Edited by calvinhorse

TBC WEBER 45s

Unbolt 205 suspension and drive shafts bolt on 309 suspension and driveshafts

Job done its that simple ;)

thank you but I was thinking will that give me a hell of allot of - camber and will I have to go with coilovers and adjustable top mount.Is the back beam a plug and play the bump stops will not be in the same place?

allanallen

No it'll give you just over 1 degree of negative camber on the front, if you've done a search you'd know that already though?!

TBC WEBER 45s

No it'll give you just over 1 degree of negative camber on the front, if you've done a search you'd know that already though?!

thank you got to say did not look to much in to the front end more the back but I had to ask at the same time sorry for being lazy

TBC WEBER 45s

Well that's the front thank you anyone for the back beam

pug_ham

Rear beam bolts directly on, just the rear sandwich blocks need turning 180' to match the boot floor holes on the 205 & 309 beam combination.

Its a well documented swap on here.

The rear arch trims will also need trimming inside the arch because the rear tyres catch, especially if you've lowered your car at the back.

g

TBC WEBER 45s

Nice one.Nice all the info in one place.

johnnyboy666

and several other places :P

TBC WEBER 45s

Ok I am back do you think it is worth doing the anti-roll bar at the same time?and is it a plug and play

pug_ham

Front or rear?

Some 309 GTI's had the same size front arb & some a 21mm.

Front arb will fit straight on but its questionable how well suited the 205 is to swapping front one from 17mm to 309 21mm item, most don't like it iirc but can't speak from experieince.

Leave rear beam as it is, unless you have an uprated arb to fit but a 205 arb is to narrow.

g

jord294

You'll also have to rotate the 2 x two studded brackets on the 309 beam, to fit it to the 205.

TBC WEBER 45s

Front or rear?

Some 309 GTI's had the same size front arb & some a 21mm.

Front arb will fit straight on but its questionable how well suited the 205 is to swapping front one from 17mm to 309 21mm item, most don't like it iirc but can't speak from experieince.

Leave rear beam as it is, unless you have an uprated arb to fit but a 205 arb is to narrow.

g

yer up front is a 21mm arb. I was thinking it will work beter with the 309 back beam than the 17mm 205 front arb.Thanks

welshpug

I'd leave the thinner 205 arb up front, let the wheels move over bumps more rather than move the car about, its lighter than a 309 dont forget, allbeit minimally