• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

2 Litre 8V Turbo

custard-rallye

Just bought a gti with a 406 turbo engine that has spun a shell so bought a new engine it made 175 hp with the following

2.5" system

Cossie intercooler

Air filter and 11psi boost

What would I need to do to get 200 hp

I have a dta ecu sitting I'm sure miles said he got a std engine to run 220hp with just management if so is there anybody on the site that could make a loom for it and does the dkz cam make a big difference

Cheers

custard-rallye

Bump any info have tried searching

luke1987

I am doing near enough the same thing as you at the moment i have the dkz cam also and over stock it does make a noticable differencewith the engine being more eager. I am also fitting a dta s40 and have got a place local to me to do the loom for £250. The engine miles did was standard apart from a 83mm throttle body which is also something i have done by grafting a gti6 one on to the original manifold.

Edited by luke1987

welshpug

Dont you mean 63mm? Gti6 tb isnt that big

luke1987

Thats the one thanks welshpug not thinking straight in the morning. Suppose 83mm wouldnt be to bad tho :-)

custard-rallye

How much power you expecting to make?

custard-rallye

Also do you have to take the headbolts out to remove the rockers on a Xu or is it different from a tu?

welshpug

XU does not use rockers.

custard-rallye

Ha shows how good my knowledge on Xu's is

mikeygulley

My old made 202 with his motor, that's with 12 or 13psi (can't remember), a cosworth fuel regulator (made to order) and FTO exhaust system.

Sign in to follow this