• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iPlod999

New Stater Motor. What Engine Is This?

iPlod999

Hello people.

I understand that the engine in my 1.9 is not the original engine.

I need to buy a new starter motor. I usually use GSF and they use my VRM to find the part required.

I'm just a bit concerned that the starter could be the wrong one?

If any one is able to help with the part number that would be great.

Regards.

7be4e052.jpg

Anthony

The engine appears to be a standard 1.9 8v from what I can tell.

Either way, it's not too important, as the starter motors are almost all interchangeable on XU's.

I would personally suggest getting a starter from a later model car, such as a 306 1.8/2.0 16v, as then you're pretty much guaranteed a later "slimline" starter motor rather than the bulky and typically less reliable starters that the early cars like 205's had. You might get a slimline one regardless these days, but ordering for a late model car should make sure.

The only change you'll likely need to make on the later starters is swapping the spade terminal on the starter solenoid wire for a ring terminal, as this changed in the early 90's.

Miles

If using GSF be careful and ask them if they get you a large body one they can have it back, 99% of the time bench tested these are OK so just get painted up and sent out again,

If you ask for a S16 one thou you will only get a slimline one

ade 4wd

Some air con parts in that engine bay. Very rare on a 205.

iPlod999

Thanks Anthony and Miles. Ordered the stater motor this morning.

Ade. There are a few of the air con bits still inside. This car was on of the few models which were for export to Japan. Lat 3 of the VRM is BKV.

Thanks again all. Just the smal part to see I can fit the new starter. I am NO mechanic!!

Miles

You should have a big hole under the jack for the dryer

Sign in to follow this