• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
changingman

6 Speed Box On An Mi16?

changingman

Hi,ive been thinking about getting a 6 speed box fitted onto my 205 which is running a cammed Mi16 engine as it currently hits the rev limiter in every gear including 5th.

Would it make it worse due to the ratios??

Cheers

Liam

welshpug

My 1.9 8v will hit its limiter in 5th too, doesnt mean i want to change the box though as its doing 138 odd by then and its just a road car :lol:

Itll drop the revs in 5th over an mi box by around 150 rpm, 1-3 is like a 1.6 box without such a large gap from 1st to 2nd and a shorter 4th-5th

What and where is it used for, and is it such a bad thing to see the limiter? Youll be pushing 150 on a 6 speed box and over 7k

welshpug

Oh and forget turning right or saving an epic slide....

changingman

My 1.9 8v will hit its limiter in 5th too, doesnt mean i want to change the box though as its doing 138 odd by then and its just a road car :lol:

Itll drop the revs in 5th over an mi box by around 150 rpm, 1-3 is like a 1.6 box without such a large gap from 1st to 2nd and a shorter 4th-5th

What and where is it used for, and is it such a bad thing to see the limiter? Youll be pushing 150 on a 6 speed box and over 7k

I was told its a 1.6 box,maybe this is one of the reasons it takes off like its ass in on fire.

I will be using it predominantly for the track and intend to take it to the ring next year.

150 sounds good!!

What do you mean by forget turning right????

I gotta have it right,if throwing it around and getting it round is going to be hampered by a 6 speed box then that aint no good,i dont wanna be autographing bits of arnco do i!!

MiniGibbo

Six speed is larger than the five and limits lock to lock.

changingman

Six speed is larger than the five and limits lock to lock.

Ahh i see,maybe not the best idea then as i dont intend to keep it in a straight line much!!

Does the performance gain make it worthwhile though do you think.

Cheers

Liam

changingman

I've done it, the box is very nice to use, right hand lock is reduced yes but I can live with it no problem. Have a good read of this

http://forum.205gtid...howtopic=135661

cheers ill have a read of that tonight!!

Liam :)

Sign in to follow this