• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
harryskid

1600 8V Power

harryskid

Taken from an ad in motor sport news

1600 pro built 8v fully ported head, Newman cam, Woosner pistons, Knife edged crank, baffled sump and high pressure oil pump. Jenvy throttle bodies, mbe ignition full as new package very quick, cost a fourtune, ring for full spec

£2500

Does this sound like the bees knees, is it a good spec for a comp 1600, is this the right sort of price, note no bhp figures are given.

Opinions please and befor you ask i don't want it i'am just insterested in the spec!

welshpug

Going from the vague spec its a cheap engine, with bodies, no mention of what rods or manifolds its running, valve train spec etc, nowt particularly special.

2.5k is not a lot really when you're talking proper engines.

Miles

Description sounds odd

Bodies and MBE Ignition

High pressure oil pump = Spring & £2.50

Cheap old Pistons too

harryskid

This was taken from Sykespeeds ad, and after reading Miles opinion it would seem the right thing to do befor parting with two and a half grand is to talk to people like him first.Woosner pistons, they sound like their good but in reality they are cheap. I think this thread has highlighted the fact if your not sure ask people like Miles who know about these things first, could save you a fourtune! :)

24seven

Woosner = Wossner? If so then they're cheap but have a German sounding name so people think they're top dog. I think I read on Passion Ford that they tell you before you even get the pistons what tolerance to machine the block to, as if their pistons will all always be absolutely perfect...

Batfink

This was taken from Sykespeeds ad, and after reading Miles opinion it would seem the right thing to do befor parting with two and a half grand is to talk to people like him first.Woosner pistons, they sound like their good but in reality they are cheap. I think this thread has highlighted the fact if your not sure ask people like Miles who know about these things first, could save you a fourtune! :)

be careful with what you buy from them. They don't always know what they are selling. I bought a carbon bonnet from them that was only fibreglass when it turned up. At least they took it back..

• Like 1

Miles

Again a very good friend had a gearbox from them, was supposed to be a CR 205 box, Turned out to be pretty much standard, But to give them there due's they did take it back for a refund but was listed the same again

harryskid

Again a very good friend had a gearbox from them, was supposed to be a CR 205 box, Turned out to be pretty much standard, But to give them there due's they did take it back for a refund but was listed the same again

That box you rebuilt for me last year Miles with the broken sycos that were fitted the wrong way round , that one came from them!

Baz

Makes sense...

I'm not sure why you'd bother in this day & age, just build yourself a 16v 1600.

matt.f

Went up there the other week.Be sure to check how much you can actually buy new parts for as some stuff isn't that cheaper!!

He's bought a pretty decent White 205 rallycar off Pistonheads(think it's still on,says sold on add)