• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave richards

Removal Of Mi16 Exhaust Manifold On The Car

dave richards

how do people take them off? I've thought about removing all the rad etc,undoing the standard manifold down pipe join, then placing a jack under the sump to allow removal of the top engine mount to tip the engine forward and allow access, but am still a little unsure

any pointers please?

Anthony

What style manifold have you got? The standard one can be removed without issue, a Maniflow style 4 branch is rather more problematic

dave richards

standard Peugeot item re-angled for a 205, the middle core plug in the head is weeping and needs replacing, ideally i could do with the engine tipping forward for access to it

Miles

I'd say the other way, std one's are a pain in the back side, the 4-2-1 are easy

If your unlucky you may find the hard to reach nut's round'd off, then it's even more of a pain

Tom Fenton

6 point UJ socket works best for this job, as Miles says they are awkward and can be bloddy tight too, but it can be done.

dave richards

cheers lads got the manifold off with a little swearing involved, found a pin hole in the bung going to replace this in a moment hand hope that no permanent damage has been done

DSC04955.jpg

Sign in to follow this