• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

How To Remove Injectors

feb

As above, I am 99% sure my flooding starting issue is due to a leaky injector, the car smells of petrol after starting up and it doesn't do it if it hasn't been left for too long.

But how do I remove the injectors?

Cheers!

Carbs4me

1900 8v?

Undo the bolts on the rail that fit to the inlet, there is also some round the fuel reg one below and 1 bove.

Grab the rail and pull it carefully while giving it a wobble!

Then there is a clip holding each injector to the rail pop them off and they should come loose again with a wobble.

chipstick

Be careful if you pull the rail off with the injectors left in the inlet. Fuel will spill everywhere from the 4 holes of the rail. I prefer to leave the injector clips on the rail, and pull the injectors out still attached so the fuel won't go everywhere. I then pull the injectors from the rail individually (will be a bit stiff) and then I can catch the fuel spill easily.

Anthony

Be very careful removing injectors with the inlet in place, as if the caps fall off the end you run the risk of them dropping into the cylinder if the inlet valve is open. I almost learnt the hard way on your old engine...

There's an easier way to do what you're trying to achieve though:

Before you switch off at night, remove the fuel pump fuse (blue 15 amp nearest you - fuse #14 IIRC) and keep your foot on the throttle to keep the engine running as long as you can. That will de-pressurise the fuel rail, and with little pressure, any leaking injector won't leak much if at all. Prior to start up in the morning, switch the ignition to prime the fuel pump a few times to restore pressure in the fuel rail, and then start the engine - if it behaves exactly as before, it's unlikely to be a leaking injector (IMO)

• Like 1

feb

Thanks guys!

Anthony I'll try what you say first!

Sign in to follow this