• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Crankshaft Sensor Too Small?

Karl

i have just upgraded my flywhell yesterday and finished puttin the car back together but it wont start now so i took the crankshaft sensor out and measured the gap between the top of where it sits to the flywheel and thn did the same with my old flywheel and an old gearbox and ther is 5mm diffrenc so i think the crankshaft sensor is 2 small any ideas on this and if i can get a slightly longer 1 ?? many thanks in advance

welshpug

all XU+BE crank sensors for ecu's are the same, sounds like you have the wrong flywheel.

Karl

nah i know its not its one off rich w and by the looks of it its the right 1 im not getting a spark so j/w what it might be

welshpug

if you bought the right one it should work.

Karl

yeh but the wiring is well dodgy the "mechanic who done it took the piss and tryed to rip me off and did a well bodged conversion im thinkin 1 of my wires may have come undone im just unsure too which 1 iv posted another topic describing what wires if you want to have a look u myt be able to slve it

Sign in to follow this