• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

How Do I Remove A Flywheel From My Gti6

Karl

hi people having some probles removing my flywheel so i can put on my swanky new lightened 1 from rich w any body know how to stop it from spinng when unloosening the bolts without the se of a special tool many thanks in advance :unsure:

dcc

Moments and a screw driver.

allye

Brilliant DCC, could be a little more helpful.

You can use drill bits to lock the flywheels from the starter motor side, there is a little hole, put the drill bit through it and turn over the engine till you feel the drill bit slip into the locating hole in the flywheel.

You can use drill bits, screw drivers, any type of bar that fits or the correct locking kit!

welshpug

never use drill bits or allen keys, they will snap in the hole.

usually just a decent thump on the ratchet with it pointing the right way will more than suffice, i.e point it towards the centreline of the crank, not outwards, i.e as dan suggested.

last resort would be to jam the flywheel with a screwdriver.

Karl

thanks guys will get on that straight away :D

Baz

22mm on the other end - crank(Aux) pulley if needs be.

Slo

i use an impact wrench for stuff like this, ive got a cheapy 12v fag lighter plugged variety and it works a treat

DamirGTI

If it doesn’t go with the air gun either , i usually set one piston near the TDC of compression stroke , stuff a rope inside the cylinder trough the spark plug hole and turn the engine further to fully TDC until the rope jams the piston . But it really needs to be on -> compression stroke TDC .

Damir B)

S@m

I usually use a little L shaped piece of steel that bolts to one of the starter mounting holes and locks between the teeth on the starter ring gear. Works well.

Sam

Karl

got it done used welshpugs method worked a treat cant get it started now tho i rekon the crankshaft sensor is 2 small ie not long enuf??

Sign in to follow this