• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

What's The Green Unit On 1.9 Block Near The Alternator?

omri617

Wondering what is this green unit , sitting on the block next to the alternator? also ,

next to it there is another some kind of unit (round shaped) alloy color , what's that too?

thanks

Slo

oil pressure warning light switch and the round one is oil pressure guage

omri617

thanks a lot you were very helpful

how can i test if they function well?

Slo

with the engine running the oil pressure guage will move up and down with revs if it doesnt try wiggling the wire on the round sensor and someone watching the guage, if it doesnt work touch the wire on the engine it should make the guage ping over to maximum if not faulty wiring/somewhere or knackered guage wiring is usual culprit. oil pressure switch is easy, if the STOP light lights up before you start the engine and goes out when its running then its working fine, if it doesnt work at all try touching that wire on the engine and seeing if the STOP light lights up if it doesnt it could be faulty wiring or a popped bulb in the instrument panel :)

omri617

i can't think what could i have done without your answer and in general without forums

how did people manage to restore or fix their stuff back in the 80's and 70's!!

Slo

your welcome, back then they probably used common sense the 205 is so basic its pretty simple to understand altho during the 80's i suppose warranties was an issue and people's gullibility to pay the lion kings s*itloads of cash for their parts

Sign in to follow this