• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
xclusive964

Help ! Vts Box No Reverse

xclusive964

Hi Fellas , just fitted a vts gearbox to my 205 sprint car but i cant get reverse i changed the selector arm for the flat one but the shaft dropped down when i removed the cranked vts one , pulled it back up and fitted arm could i have missaligned something when this happened got all forward gears any help very much appreciated

welshpug

you need to pop the arm off and drop the shaft down and re-align it.

xclusive964

you need to pop the arm off and drop the shaft down and re-align it.

ok thought that may be the case arm doesnt seem to be central for some reason thanks for reply, steve

xclusive964

still having problems with the selector am i right in saying that i should have a spring like resistance both ways when i move the arm and should be perfectly straight when looking down onto it not pointing left or right ? any help most welcome its driving me mad ! :-)

pug_ham
still having problems with the selector am i right in saying that i should have a spring like resistance both ways when i move the arm and should be perfectly straight when looking down onto it not pointing left or right ? any help most welcome its driving me mad ! :-)

Yes, with the box in neutral the selector arm you moved should be sat straight from above, as shown in the picture below.

If its to the left or right then you need to drop the shaft back into the box & re-align it

gearboxswap1.jpg

g

Sign in to follow this