• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Are These Part Brands Any Good ?

JR20516V

Have Googled my head off trying to find out more info on these brands to no avail....some mention "OE part supplier"

The brands are INA [ timing belts ]

Camtec [ head gaskets etc ]

Airtex [water pumps ]

Anybody have any info on these brands please. I am told INA supply Audi but may be a myth.

​

The reason being is that they are half the price of genuine but ironically the little info i can dig up says "original supplier to manufacturer"

Miles

INA are fine, Airtex are low budget but OK, Never heard of Camtec,

JR20516V

INA are fine, Airtex are low budget but OK, Never heard of Camtec,

As always Miles....thanks so much for replying....any idea where these 3 brands are made ?

welshpug

Depends what is stamped on the parts inside the box, it varies massively from eastern europe, to germany and france, to south america!

claytonmangion

I used airtex on a majority of peugeot/citroen mainly XUD engines. Airtex are made in Spain and never gave any problems (talking about water pumps)

Never Heard Of Ina Or Camtec

For timing belts I recommend Gates Or Dayco

As For Head Gaskets Go For Payen Or Cosmetic

If your searching for OEM parts according to what model since the majority of *05 Series models are all NFP on servicebox .

But For headgaskets they are still made by PSA but if I were you I wouldnt be arsed since they are valued as a cosmetic multi layer steel one !

welshpug

if you buy a Dayco belt kit, most of the time it will have INA tensioners in the box, covnersely buy an INA belt kit, it will have INA, or sometimes SKF tensioners, and a Dayco belt.

Carbs4me

I got reccomended payen... I have a full engine set for my Mi

Im actually short of the timing belt kit

Edited by Carbs4me

Sign in to follow this