• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
clen666

205/306 Radiator Mounting Points

clen666

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me if the radiator mounting holes are in the same location on 205 and 306 lower crossmembers, i.e. could I mount a 205 rad in a 306?

Cheers

S@m

306 rads have the expansion bottle built into them so i'm not sure how you would get a 205 one to work in a 306 without plumbing in an expansion bottle somewhere. With regards to the mounting points, have a flick through a radiator catalogue and it usuallly says the distance between the mounts - rather than asking.

Sam

clen666

Ok after a bit of investigating (I admit I should have done this first!) it appears the 205 mounting points are 404mm apart, compared to the 306 at 685mm.

Sam, I was looking at an 'uprated' 205 rad on Ebay, and thought it might be a cheap alternative to upgrading the cooling system on my 306. I am aware I would need an expansion tank though.

Had anyone here had a custom radiator made up before? Any recommended companies to go with?

Edited by clen666

welshpug

I've seen quite a few 306's with 205 rads, but the mounting points are different.

Sign in to follow this