• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Nathangti

Hi everyone,

Just wanted a quick bit of advise please, I have looked on the forum for this information but I'm still none the wiser :(

I have just received my XU10j2te turbo engine from pug1off it has excellent head work done and it will be a shame to starve it of a good air flow! I was going to use the standard 406 inlet until matt at pug1off said it was in so many words basically crap, and to machine the standard 1.9 inlet manifold to match the cylinder head.

But I've also read about the 306 xsi inlet that has a even larger throttle body to the 406 and the 205, and the ports match the head but is it as good air flow and due to it being plastic will it get heat soak?

Thanks for any advise anyone can give me on the better inlet manifold for this engine!

Cheers,

Nathan

Henry Yorke

Standard throttlebody is 50mm on the 2.0T and the GTI is 57mm. The 2.0T inlet doesn't fit the XU9 very well.

post-3457-0-28990900-1341944038_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-94443800-1341944039_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nathangti

Ok thanks Henry! :) I see wot you mean but i will be using the 2L xu10 head so idealy i want to mechine the 205 inlet manifold for it too match.

But is it worth it or shall i just stick with the original 406 inlet manifold or the 306 xsi one?

Thanks again for your time much appriciated :)

Miles

Would the 405 8v manifold fit as it's more like the down draft port, Mind it was around 15 years ago since I last saw one

• Like 1

Nathangti

Im not shore miles ill have to look into that to now ;-)

Sign in to follow this