• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nickaliath

Venair Coolant Hose Issue! Purchased From Potn. Joke!

nickaliath

Hello all,

I've had an issue with these hoses, only 4 of the 9 supplied fit the vehicle!!!.

I contacted the place where i purchased them from (POTN) today and their first reply was 'if im having trouble fitting them they suggest i take it to the local peugeot dealership'!!!

I thought that this was a joke as ive taken off a few 205 GTI hoses before! Anyway they are clearly different from the original hoses!

Whilst on the phone they put me on hold and spoke to there suppliers, after being on hold for a while he came back on the phone.

He said the suppliers said that they go through tests and quality control and theres nothing wrong with the hoses!! He then said they had told him there is so much variation in the 205 GTI build from car to car that some cars dont fit correctly!!! LOL

I then went on to tell him how that was rubbish and they are not made that differently that the hoses would be inches away from where they need to be!!!

Theyve agreed to take them back now, but couldnt believe that even the bloke @ POTN believed what he was saying is true and argued the point to me!!! saying it would be like this!!

STAY AWAY FROM VENAIR COOLANT HOSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welshpug

why didn't you go to BBM in the first place?

Anthony

From memory there was an issue a while back where Venair (or one of their suppliers) were supplying LHD hose kits, which are obviously a fair bit different to RHD, but refusing to admit that there was any issue. I'm sure a search will reveal more.

Also, do they distinguish between Phase 1 / 1.5 and Phase 2, as some of the hoses differ?

chipstick

why didn't you go to BBM in the first place?

If the lower 205 - GTi6/Xsara hose issue many people have is anything to go by, they aren't guaranteed to be correct either :lol:

welshpug

If the lower 205 - GTi6/Xsara hose issue many people have is anything to go by, they aren't guaranteed to be correct either :lol:

just drop stu a line and he'll sort out a different bottom hose, problem solved.

afaik for a std 205 there's two top hoses, and two heater to engine hoses plus the small s shaped one on earlier cars, other than thats it is quite straightforward

Anthony

afaik for a std 205 there's two top hoses, and two heater to engine hoses plus the small s shaped one on earlier cars, other than thats it is quite straightforward

The hose that goes from the wing metal pipe to the rear distribution block also differs, as the alloy and plastic type rear housings have a different diameter inlet.

welshpug

ahhh fair enough, forgot about those, only worked on pre 89 or converted post 89 cars oddly :lol:

chipstick

just drop stu a line and he'll sort out a different bottom hose, problem solved.

I specified which engine I had when I ordered my kit and the wrong one was sent ^_^

nickaliath

Yeah these ones definately differ alot! it was definately for my year on the order aswell.

I was looking at the BBM hoses but there were slightly more expensive so went for these, Sounds like they can have issues aswell??

welshpug

If there are any they get dealt with much better by the sound of it ;)

Miles

From seeing them on Ebay they do look like LHD hoses and as normal companies are selling stuff they have zero knowledge of

I'm now stocking SFS Silicone hoses for the 205 8v, Just a couple of small issues to sort out then we'll be up at full speed,

But as always you pay for what you get I'm afraid

Who are POTN? sounds like the automated response of take it to the dealer, or is that the Haynes manual line

damien

potn are abit like a chavs demon tweeks......

nickaliath

lol

Sign in to follow this