• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rjuhar

Yet Another Ph1 205 Gti 1.6

Rjuhar

Hi, my name is Gregor, coming from Ljubljana, Slovenia, I'm 39 and I've been into cars for as long as I can remember.

First let me apologise to post here but I can not start a topic in the "New Users Startup". I PMd some of the admins but until now no reply so I do not even know if PMs go through.

For almost two years now I am an owner of a nice 1987 Ph1 205 GTI 1.6 with 2 previous owners and 103000 km (just shy of 65000 mi) on the clock. I am currently restoring it and the project is slowly coming to an end.

These are the pictures from before the restoration began and I can hardly wait for the car to be back on the road.

auftk9.jpg

23t1mw5.jpg

oh1vlk.jpg

1z55ixt.jpg

2yoqw7t.jpg

We have also redone the engine, all the warn parts are changed and a car has been professionally resprayed.

It's going to stay original with some small candys (nothing that can not be reverted back to original in one afternoon):

1.9 wheels and the car lowered an inch or so on Eibach springs:

344z4gj.jpg

red seat belts from a Roland Garros:

205rg-int.jpg

(not yet decided) Auto bonnet with a bulge:

DSC00738.jpg

Comments are welcome.

• Like 1

pug_ham

Hi Gregor,

Your car looks good before you started the restoration, it'll be interesting to see how much better it looks once you've finished it.

First let me apologise to post here but I can not start a topic in the "New Users Startup". I PMd some of the admins but until now no reply so I do not even know if PMs go through.

The new users section is only for new users, once you have an account validated you can't post in there.

Its purely for new users validation topics.

Only Team managers & Admin can post in there other than those awaiting validation.

I've also moved yor topic into the correct section.

Graham..

Rjuhar

Thanks for sorting this out.

MrG

Keep it phase 1 all the way. Not a stickler for originality but I like them as they are so I'd say no to the auto bonnet and the steelies.

Looks good in the first pics.

Richie

Nice ph1 Gregor, I too would keep it standard looking but looking good!

Edp

Looks to be a very good example already, One question where is the passenger mirror?

Rjuhar

Believe it or not - there obviously were some models without a right rerview mirror. So, to keep it original I would have to leave it without it but this I just can not do so I allready got one to be mounted.

u47sb2

Keep it original. So no to the auto bonnet. Interesting it's only got the driver side mirror.

I've a soft spot for phase 1 cars. The rally car is phase one and the switchgear seems more solid.

welshpug

must be one of the last phase1's, I have seen and worked on 87 phase 1.5's :)

Rjuhar

Indeed - it was sold in 06/87 - so just before the holiday season. Phase 1.5 started with AM (aneé modele) 88, which I would believe started production in autumn 87.

Rjuhar

Fellas, I need some help. Since it's trying to be as original as possible I need a set of clips for fixing the rear trim panel. Since there aren't any new ones available and there are no 205's left for parts arround me I am asking for help here. I need all 4 so any help is more then welcome. I will of course pay for the "damage". (no.14 from the pic)

155rqk8.jpg

The only other issue that's keeping it off the street for now is THAT IT?S NOT RUNNING. The engine has been more or less rebuilt and now there's spark, there's fuel pump buzzing but there's no fuel from the injectors so if anyone has any idea, please do not be shy. Let's call it a thought showering. Thanks, I appreciate all the help.

Edited by Rjuhar

supersilja

Why did you started restoration because?

205 looks very young.

Do you want to make ph2 from it?