• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

S16 On Jenveys & Emerald Ecu - Not Starting

welshpug

Also if you test both sides of the injector wiring with it connected to the injector you will see 12v on both sides, as you are completing the circuit to earth with the meter through the injector windings.

wildejon

Just spoken with Dave at Emerald. He said that we need to disconnect all the injectors to measure the voltage, as right now we are allowing the circuit to be completed by the others still plugged in (can't quite picture this but I think it makes sense to me!). I guess they all have a common feed at least.

If I have understood correctly, his suggested next step is to check the live at each injector. I'm not sure what this feeds back to though, as I didn't wire it. Will check this first and then work my way backwards from there.

I think we are essentially all right, but I didn't detail the fact that we didn't have them all disconnected.

• Like 1

Dizzee stuff

Some of the installs i have seen before use the thick red cable that runs through one of the brown plugs of the engine loom

• Like 1

wildejon

oook, so I have now checked both connections at each injector with them all unplugged and the ignition on. I get the same at each one, 0V (or thereabouts) and 2.4V. Battery is at 12.5V, Am I correct in assuming that these should really have 12V at each?

Dizzee stuff

Are you checking for 12v at the plug by using the vehicle as earth or across the plug?

wildejon

Good question as I could well be doing the wrong thing. I checked it back to the chassis.

welshpug

that's fine, you should see 12v on one terminal which comes from the relay, and nothing on the other as that's the triggered earth through the ecu.

dcc

could it be a poor earth then?

wildejon

Yeah. I guess that is the only explanation right? Any idea where to look/check? Not sure where to start... Cheers for all this help guys :)

Dizzee stuff

Use the negative on the battery as the earth, this should prove if its an earth problem. But if the engine turns over ok I suspect its a problem with the supply to injecters if your only seeing 2 or 3 volts.

wildejon

Will do, I think I will see just the same as you suggest.

What do I need to do next though, work back along the wires testing voltage until I find where it is OK? Not sure what I will find?!

welshpug

either no voltage, or voltage, or partial voltage due to serious drop. :lol:

• Like 1

Dizzee stuff

Will do, I think I will see just the same as you suggest.

What do I need to do next though, work back along the wires testing voltage until I find where it is OK? Not sure what I will find?!

Yeah just work back, could be from the same supply as the ign coil or like i said before from the brown plugs in drivers footwell.

wildejon

All sorted!! Followed the injector live back to what used to be a diagnostic multiplug, all taped up. Took the tape off and the connector just fell out. Each of the 3 connections had a different voltage (one was the 2.6V I was seeing before) so I plugged it into the 12V and she fired up straight away!

Thanks for all the help everyone :)

kyepan

win!

Sign in to follow this