• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel306

200Hp 1.9 8V Quest

Daniel306

The plan is to build a original 1.9 Gti engine into a as reliable as can be turbo, but i am in need of some advice

Im going to get a Emerald K6 ECU when funds allow(possibly one of the last things)

The other things are pistons and cam, iv got a TT engine that has cracked a piston, but iv bought a 2nd engine thats be rebuilt, im not sure how far the rebuild went as iv not had time to strip it down but ig got a box of new parts that came with the TT engine(oil pump, piston rings, crank bearings, all the gaskets...)

How should i got about lowering the compression, do i skimm the top of the piston or will it be better to dish it out like the original TT, the only problem with dishing it will be the angel, cutting it out straight would be easier but will it make a difference?

IV got a piper 270 cam, is it best to get it running on a standard cam then test the piper on to see if it makes any difference?

welshpug

have a read of tom fenton's 1.6 turbo thread, loads of ideas and info there, 200 from a 1.9 is perfectly feasible, tom's got 205 from the 1600 :)

Miles

Dead easy, no need to lower compression these days, the 1.9 is low anyway, With the decent ECU, Slightly larger inlet valves, If you can a Turbo spec cam then 200 is a doddle, With a std engine you will see 190 and over 200ft lb of torque

Daniel306

Where would i get a large valve head or mine modified? and a cam, i take it that a turbo cam has a smaller overlap?

Razkin

An 1843 cc gti engine with 130hp cam, compression of 1:8.4 and standard inlet valves in a slightly ported head, running VEMS made 240hp with an TD04 turbo@1.2bar. Don't see the need for bigger valves to be honest if your goal is 200.

Tom Fenton

No me neither. I would leave the STD valves in.

Daniel306

So basically just rebuild, add piston oil squirt nozzles, turbo and a good after market Ecu with all the sensors/convert to distributorless ignition? 200 hp is what im hoping for, any more is bonus

Miles

I know of a Ported head off a old TT engine which might be up for grab's, Was recon by QEP and sat on my shelf ever since, will let you know if intrested

Daniel306

Can you get some photos of it and a price ?

NDJN

What turbo would you be using mate?

Sign in to follow this