• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonny6

306 Rallye Kangarooing ........

jonny6

Today i put a bmc cda carbon fibre induction kit on my 306 rallye , first drive of about 5 miles was fine with no issues , parked up for 5 mins to pick my son up , jumper back in the car and it started kangarooing and jaulting in and out of power . then it will clear for a few miles and drive fine and then it comes back again ... ? very odd . any ideas ??

hothatch

have you tried removing the induction kit to see if it goes back to normal ?? sounds silly but the smallest of things can make big changes to the way an engine behaves.

Edited by hothatch

jonny6

i havnt no , such a common "mod" i assumed there would be no problem , just been out for another drive , all appeared normal . :/

hothatch

i know what you mean yeah, has it got a cold air feed going to it or anything ? never know perhaps ypu have an air intake temp sensor on its way or something and the rush or cold air has made it noticable. i would try it back standard for a few days if it happens again, starnge how now its only happend??

calvinhorse

I'd inspect the idle control valve and clean it

• Like 1

Miles

Where's the cold air pick up? could be sucking up water

jonny6

map sensor .

Sign in to follow this