• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Recommend A Good Value Usb/sd/fm Stereo

davemar

Can anyone recommend a car stereo which offers a USB socket or SD card socket, FM tuner, but no CD player? I'm just looking for something cheap and simple and surely there must be someone who makes one without the need for all the moving parts required for a CD player or tape deck?

johnnyboy666

alpine do a good range called IDA they have a usb input hidden round the back so you can run a cable to the glovebox and plug in a usb stick or ipod. the one ive got has a removeable faceplate, 3 pre-outs (sub, front, rear) and plenty of adjustability.

picked it up for £70 second hand (hadnt actually been fitted to a car)

there is a similar range from alpine including a cd player just in case you fancy the extra options

davemar

I've discovered a new word: Mechless. It seems that's what I need to search for when looking for a stereo without moving parts. I'm so out of date! Ideally I'd like one that will be play flac or wav files as well as mp3s, but it's not too critical given the noise and rattles on a 205!

johnnyboy666

the IDAs will play WAV, not tried flac though. Theyre quite smal and light too which is handy, as they dont need to be as deep without a cd drive