• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Dt Twin Fans Not Working

cRaig

Hi there,

First "snag" to overcome- the fans dont seem to be working on my 205. Its the standard twin fan diesel set up due to AC being fitted.

Both the fans work fine direct to the battery, but when the thermoswitch is bridged nothing happens. Any likely culprits? Im no electrician, so any help appreciated!

I think its fitted as it should be- earth connected to by the headlight panel, 3 relays, and connection to shunt box.

I have seen mentioned connection to the red 2 pin connector behind the passenger headlight which is redundant on the standard gti set up?

Any help appreciated

Craig

cRaig

Okay- have got the fans working- I hadnt plugged the red plug by the passenger headlight into the fan loom. So they now work by bridging the thermoswitch.

The only concern I have is- the red plug by the headlight appears to be a switched live, thus the fans dont work when the ignition is turned off- I was under the impression that the fans should run when the ignition is off?

Miles

That's right, The red wire is a signal wire to the relays and turns them off with the ignition, (Saves the battery going flat)

All of them work like this and you can say they are not really DT fan's but any A/C model, Gentry's and some other ltd models fans

welshpug

got a n-a diseasel here with the relay setup using that red plug

Sign in to follow this