• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Dealer Fit Sunroof

chipstick

My 205 has a dealer fit sunroof. Well, I am pretty sure it is. The rails are shorter, the headlining doesn't have a shade to slide across and the handle is basic. Plus no vacuum pump and I have an appauling deflector fitted to the front as the windscreen seal is a plain one.

Anyway. When I got the car (a year ago this month - i'm counting the days) I assumed it was a factory roof and decided to not to open the roof as the engine wasn't a runner and I was worried about the vacuum. I then came to this conclusion it must have been a dealer fit option (anyone know how much they were, whether it was done by a company that apparently went around offering this service? Poinltess info like that intrigues me).

So a year down the line, I have never to this day opened the thing. I have not had a car with a sunroof for several years so to be honest I never give it much thought.

It doesn't leak and the seal looks nicely compressed. I tried to pull it back gently once and it was well and truly stuck so left it. What would people advise? Brute strength? Perhaps a bit of WD40 from above? I just hope it seals afterwards as I wouldn't know where to go about getting a seal for something like this if it wasn't perhaps a Peugeot item that was fitted and maybe just a generic sunshine roof. The rails being similar to the factory items makes me think it may be a service that Peugeot themselves provided.

S@m

i also have one of these dreaded sunroofs, sadly mine seems to have been played with, the handle is missing amongst other things, you couldnt take a picture of the handle for me could you? I've never seen one!

Sam

chipstick

Will take a photo for you later on Sam. It's a flimsy looking thing.

S@m

Mine has also been replaced with a piece of perspex(?), it looks terrible. It breaks my heart to think my car would have been a lovely non sunroof until some dealership apprentice cut a hole in the roof :(

Edited by Sam306

Anthony

If it hasn't been opened in some time, it might need a good hard shove to free it.

If the one I had on a previous 205 is anything to go by, even when used regularly it was never particularly free moving and frankly felt pretty second rate compared to the proper factory fitted vacuum sunroof which is fantastic (IMO). To its credit though, it never leaked or gave any issues.

The ones that are leak prone seem to be the (Britax?) pop-up non-sliding type sunroofs that seem to be very common, particularly on base model 205's.

lemmingzappa

My Britax hasn't leaked yet, worried about finding a new seal when it eventually does though!

chipstick

Mine has also been replaced with a piece of perspex(?), it looks terrible. It breaks my heart to think my car would have been a lovely non sunroof until some dealership apprentice cut a hole in the roof :(

That's exactly the same thought that came in to my mind. I presume it was a case of if you wanted a 205 and didn't want to order one and wait they would take one from stock and add that for you?

And after seeing a friend remove a dealer fit mk1 fiesta sunroof and the rot from where it was left untreated after it was cut, I am hoping they were a little more careful in the installation.