• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Rose Jointed Gear Linkages

wildejon

I have a problem!

Today we swapped a standard gearbox over for one with an LSD and also it was ready for rose jointed gear linkages, this was cool until we realised it would mean no more quick shift and also more work than we wanted as we'd have to replace the gear stick also.

So, I have 3 options and would like some guidance as to which is quickest/simplest.

1) Replace the 2 arms on the box with normal ones with standard linkage fittings, I have these on the old box

2) Try to find some standard cup fittings that can screw into the rose joined linkages (they have threaded ends): this seems like a neat solution as I can use rose joints one end to the box and standard the other end to my quick shift bracket, but I do not know what size they are or where to get them, is this possible?

3) Cut the linkages in half and weld to back together, again rose joints to the box and standard cups to the car as before

Any help would be awesome, hope my predicament makes sense!

• Like 1

allanallen

Can you not just cut the balls off your quick shift and drill holes through it to accept the rose joints?

wildejon

That isn't a bad idea! Knew it would be worth posting in here. OK, I'll have a look this eve, that might work yeah, thanks.

If I do that, where is the best place to pick up rose joints to fix to the brackets?

Edited by wildejon

allanallen

That isn't a bad idea! Knew it would be worth posting in here. OK, I'll have a look this eve, that might work yeah, thanks.

If I do that, where is the best place to pick up rose joints to fix to the brackets?

http://www.mcgillmotorsports.co.uk/ ;)

wildejon

Perfect, thanks very much :)

Sign in to follow this